Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve been looking at a bunch of Tiburons for the past few days and from my understanding is that they are fun to tune up and mod.
I want to have some good HP, and not blow out the engine in the process. It would be my fault driver, I want it to be a car I can keep working on to make better.

So my question is, where do I start, what are good ways to mod this car when I do get one. What are reliable sellers of the parts, and overall where can I learn to properly mod/tune this car? I’m a beginner and only know the basics. Is it also possible to make the 08/07 172 V6 GT have 300hp? Or what is the limit of how much HP I can have?
Any tips for beginners would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Max amount of money I want to use is $7,000-$9,000 of mods.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
218 Posts
Not to discourage you, but $7-9k is better spent on a modern and better supported platform. I've had my car for 13 years and wouldn't trade it up for anything else. But it is what it is. Slow and dated. All of your questions have been answered somewhere in the 17+ years that this forum has been active.

Read up on all the V6 naturally aspirated and forced induction forum stickied topics, then ask more specific questions.

I'll give you a few hints but you really should use the forum search feature. A lot of the big aftermarket performance bits aren't available anymore. You won't see more than 250HP naturally aspirated even with your high of a budget. When you go forced induction, the stock rotating assembly won't take more than about 300-350HP before it rips itself to shreds. Supercharger and turbocharger kits do not exist anymore so it has to be custom made or buy used kits.

Reactions: TTTtwinturbotib

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to discourage you, but $7-9k is better spent on a modern and better supported platform.
Agree completely with this. If you are going to pour 7-9k into something like a Tib you should look elsewhere and you could spend more for a better platform to begin with. For that money you could get a MKVI GTI and be in a much better place to start with than in a Tib.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts