Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 I4 GK tiburon

I'm not sure what this could be honestly, I've just changed the pump it's literally got 50kms on it. I changed the belt along with the pump, and did a full air bleed of the Ps. Idk where or why it's still squealing from it.

Only on start and when turning the wheel does it squeal, and it's annoying the crap out of me. Belt tension is good, it's not slipping, PS pump is brand new, but it was also doing the same thing with the old one. I should mention that when turning it's a little rigid, but it's still easy when going a drivable speed.

I'm hoping to god someone else had this issue and figured out exactly how to fix it, cause this is driving me nuts.

· Registered
932 Posts
the i4 has 3 belts. one from the crank to the alternator and water pump, one from the water pump to the power steering pump, and one from the crank to the A/C compressor. The alternator is used to tension the first belt, the P/S pump is then used to tension the second belt. if the power steering belt is good, it might be the alternator belt that's loose / failing.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the power steering belt is good, it might be the alternator belt that's loose / failing.
I think you may be right, I've looked at it and it seems as the pulley between the PS belt and Alt belt are connected, so it may well be that, I'll stop by a parts store and try it out tmrw. I'll update this thread as I go along. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts