Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know there are better shines and all that out there, but this is by far the best i've seen from a DIY job

i'm definitely picking up meguiar's products

any tips?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I love meguiars stuff. If you're going for shine, I'd recommend the Nxt Gen Tech Wax 2.0 (which is what he used apparently) I use it and it's great for giving that nice wet shine. A clay bar will help take out any debris and get the surface nice and smooth for the wax. I've never used polishes, so can't say much there. With a good wash, clay bar, and the Tech wax I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good it looks.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Why would you put on the polish before you do the nxt 2.0 wax step? wouldnt it go the other way around? I don't know maybe it works better that way?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You would want to polish before you wax.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
at home means nothing. ive seen detailers and dealerships royally mess up ppls cars. ive seen some pretty flawless things come out my garage lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've found that a combination of the ICE clear polish followed by the Maguires liquid wax is just a beautiful thing.

Oh.. I watched my neighbor the other day curse and swear up and down after applying the wax step.. folks, just in case you didn't know.. use a -different- microfiber cloth to remove the excess wax and polish...

Eesh..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Nxt 2.0 is some pretty crappy stuff compared to what Meg's actually offers. If you ever see Meg's #16, BUY IT. It's discontinued but one of their greatest waxes ever.

I'd say right now, #26 Hi Tech Paste Wax is their really nice one. It's comparable to a lot of the high end crap from Swissvax and Zymol.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
that is as serious as detailing gets. ive seen his supplies/stages/details. hes top work over there in cali

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Yeah, he's legit, but sometimes I just got to question how necessary his process really is. I don't think I've ever seen him post a non-click and brag thread. And he just seems kind of like he may not enjoy the work.... I could be completely wrong, as it's hard to judge a person from over the internet, but some of the other Autopian legends such as Scottwax and Superbee and even Accumulator who does it as a hobby know just as much as him and are far more happy to help on the forums.

Either way, like I said his detailing is legit, but for me it just seems way to mechanical and cold, so his business is aptly named haha.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I always used the 3M wax line on my old tib applied with my porter cable polisher. I thought the results were much better than anything meguiars I had ever used. I can't find all my pics, but here are some samples (not doctored at all:

I think they have a swirl remover, and a carnuba wax or maybe a glaze.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Haha 3M has a bajillion products as does Meg's. I guarantee that 98% of people on this board have no idea the scope of just LSP's that Meg's offers. This week my car is getting a fresh coat of #26 Hi Tech Paste wax, and I'm telling you, detailers that have used $2000 Zymol Vintage say this stuff compares to it. This will be my first time using it, so I'm pretty excited to see how it works out.

But damn Malogus your car looks great in that.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Their Tech-Wax is good, and smells like candy. The only thing I find is the shine only lasts for one rainfall, then you have to reapply.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Just remember kiddies, to keep your tibby as shiney as bluegtv6's, always keep it in a garage. Never drive in inclement weather, not even to work. And drive it no more than once a month. That's it.

:3_yes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts