Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well my clutch is slipping and basically falling apart more and more every time i drive it. My question is, where is the best site to get the ClutchMasters clutch off of? I am def looking to get the Clutchmasters brand but i wanna find the best price since they are expensive.

also, do i NEED a lightweight flywheel to go along with the aftermarket clutch or is it just highly recommended?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
From what i heard on the boards its HIGHLY recommended to get the Package Flywheel/clutch.

Call TC he sells the Package Clutchmasters and Fidanza..

·
Registered
809 Posts
why "bump" when Tattoo gave you pretty much the best answer you will find just short of doing the research yourself by calling / surfing around...

anywho, free "bump" for you i guess.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You can go to UltraRev.com or call TC. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
UltraRev has the clutch/flywheel setup really cheap right now.

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05GT said:
UltraRev has the clutch/flywheel setup really cheap right now.
cool ill have to check both those out

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i looked at clutch/flywheel prices and they are really expensive. i have the money for a clutch/installation but i dont know about paying for both. is this bad, do i need an aftermarket flywheel to go with the new clutch?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
WayTooFast said:
ok i looked at clutch/flywheel prices and they are really expensive. i have the money for a clutch/installation but i dont know about paying for both. is this bad, do i need an aftermarket flywheel to go with the new clutch?

How many miles on your stocker. I've read that you can't have the stock Hyundai flywheels resurfaced.

You want to have a smooth surface for the clutch to mate up with. Search eBay for a stock flywheel.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If you go with UltraRev make sure you put in "sale" for the 5% discount code. What does TC sell the Clutchmaster for? THe UltraRev price is cheaper then anything else I saw.

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the clutch/flywheel package from TC was over 1g's

i have a lil over 30k on my 03, my clutch is going out b/c it's a piece of sh1t, not b/c i do hard take offs all the time.

so you think the best way around this would be a new OE ?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'll save up a lil and wait. you'll be kicking yourself later on if you just get the clutch.

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TATTOO said:
I'll save up a lil and wait. you'll be kicking yourself later on if you just get the clutch.
thats just the thing, i cant save up and wait. my clutch is slipping and is becoming clunky when shifting gears, i dont feel confident when shifting anymore b/c the clutch is soo gone lol i need a new clutch ASAP

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
WayTooFast said:
thats just the thing, i cant save up and wait. my clutch is slipping and is becoming clunky when shifting gears, i dont feel confident when shifting anymore b/c the clutch is soo gone lol i need a new clutch ASAP
dang kid lol well start warming up 4 the next month. what i mean someone has too be walking 4 a month lol or hey theirs the bus?

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HA walk...right....i dont walk

i think im gonna get a clutchmasters stage 1 and just a new OE flywheel, hey if it works it works

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
WayTooFast said:
HA walk...right....i dont walk

i think im gonna get a clutchmasters stage 1 and just a new OE flywheel, hey if it works it works
i hear you. I already gave you my 2cents. :3_wink:

·
Registered
888 Posts
We have a clutch/flywheel package that is clutchmaster's with RIPP's disc on sale right now for $969 shipped. Comes with a TO bearing and alignment tool, and will hold over 300whp with ease. If you want a solid clutch setup that doesnt cost over a grand, i'd say that's a good way to go... and the engagement is sweet because it's sprung hub.

Short of that i'd say go with regular clutchmasters... no complaints from anyone on their product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts