Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for just a comfortable drop for daily driver.

coilovers are really too expensive and more or less overkill as I dont need SUPER FINE tuning for street driving. I mean I might autocross maybe once or twice a year, but definately not competition level.

that being said, I know that a IF you can find the koni shocks, you'll be paying nearly $500 for them right now. that + about what... $150 for the springs at least, totals up $650. at that point... why not just get coilovers?

my girlfriend has eibachs. I dont think its that bad, but she says its AWFUL. so I guess more comfortable than eibach :p

·
Registered
533 Posts
i have heard that the eibachs feel most like stock, i have tein s springs and there is a noticable difference at the begging, but then u get used to it. the only difference is that u feel the bumps a little more. and i do have the stock struts, in the end i love my springs and the drop they have. 1.3 in the back and 1.7 in the front

·
Registered
533 Posts
another thing if u trying to get real low, u might not want to drop it lower than 1 to 1.5 inches cuz u will need new struts sooner. i wanted drop zones but theres is like a 2 inch drop

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
PinoyTib said:
another thing if u trying to get real low, u might not want to drop it lower than 1 to 1.5 inches cuz u will need new struts sooner. i wanted drop zones but theres is like a 2 inch drop
drop zone is trash.. when i lower my car if i ever do im going with eibach.

i had ALOT of lowering springs in my elantra.. springtech, h&r, b&g which was TRASH, all they did was make noise.. the best was the h&r but im not sure if they make them for the tiburon....??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha believe me Ive had some pretty rough suspension setups in my lifetime. my 240 had 12k/10k spring rates and was SLAMMED.

thats why Im looking for something that provides a little bit of a drop, a little bit stiffer spring rate, and just a LITTLE bit of compromise on the ride quality :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Trance Ninja said:
haha believe me Ive had some pretty rough suspension setups in my lifetime. my 240 had 12k/10k spring rates and was SLAMMED.

thats why Im looking for something that provides a little bit of a drop, a little bit stiffer spring rate, and just a LITTLE bit of compromise on the ride quality :)
What you need is the Espelir springs that r100s is selling. Very mild drop (1.1 back, 1.3 front) and the ride is very close to stock too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the eibach Pro-kit on standard shocks ,the ride doesnt feel any rougher than it did with standard springs. The handling is much improved,less body roll+better feel from the stearing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I really liked the feel of my TEINS. They weren't too harsh. One thing I didn't like about them is they always unseated themselves......I might have done something wrong. But I don't think I did.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Skorch said:
What you need is the Espelir springs that r100s is selling. Very mild drop (1.1 back, 1.3 front) and the ride is very close to stock too.
I'm with Skorch on Espelir. They are incredible...just the right amount of drop and a little bit stiffer than stock. They are just like/ better than eibachs but without the hefty pricetag.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Whatever that guy said about espelir dropping about 1 inch isn't true. I have them on my car, my fronts don't have any gap between the fender wall and tires, little gap on the back. Last time I measured, I was dropped 1.7 or so. It's really nice springs, I like it being little rougher than stock. I can feel the road little better. Only problem is, I live in north Atlanta, and GA-400 is horible to ride on with this springs. They are doing road work, and right lane isn't paved right, so I can feel every single imperfection on the road.....and it's really, really bad. I am pretty much bouncing off the road every 2 seconds, feel like I am going to flip my car.

But, buy it!!!! and buy it from r100, he's pretty cool dude, hook me up all the times. All the parts I have in my car is from him, except short shifter, emblems, and dynamat.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yep - Espelir ftw! R100s is the s-h-i-t, get a hold of him and jump on these springs while you can. Great deal, great guy to buy from. Personal favourite seller.. ; )

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
get the eibachs that only lower a inch.. i heard there good.
Watch out for the Eibach Pro kit (1.1)drop. They're awsome springs with nice ride but sometimes the front springs are not fitting right (like on mine). This causes a clicking/poping sound when you turn the wheels. I haven't figured out if this is doing any damage yet but its pretty annoying because its loud and people look at you sideways because they can hear it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
hey guys i was looking into the SPRINT springs it says 1.8 in the front and back i really liek them cause they are blue and that is the color i am going for i have a black tuscani and almost all the parts on my car are blue and black anyways my question is will the sprint springs work with the eibach pro- dampers or wich would be a good black shock to use i dont not want coilovers cause it is for a street car.

Cheers

Sonic

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
drop zone is trash.. when i lower my car if i ever do im going with eibach.

i had ALOT of lowering springs in my elantra.. springtech, h&r, b&g which was TRASH, all they did was make noise.. the best was the h&r but im not sure if they make them for the tiburon....??
They do http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html just fill in the aplication list.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts