Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so for christmas i am asking for the OEM multiguages, a rear strut bar, and an oil catch can. I would like to know where to order these things from. i found the guages and strut bar on kspec, are they good for shipping. I dont know which catch can to get so any suggestions would be great. Also if anyone has any suggestions for some other ideas for me to ask fo would be great, looks or performance, just nothing crazy expensive. thanx

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I've never had any problems with Kspec.. Each time I've ordered from them.. it's taken about 10 days. I recently ordered my motor mounts from them. Hopefully that doesn't take too long.

As far as catch cans go... I would search around on eBay, and there's no reason to pay more than $50 for a catch can..

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
heatfan5 said:
rear strut bar? Im guessing you already ahve a front strut bar...
doesnt really matter if he does or not, front strut bars don't do anything. its the rears that really make a difference

i've ordered from Kspec before, not a problem. NGM was also good to me

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
"doesnt really matter if he does or not, front strut bars don't do anything. its the rears that really make a difference"

WTH ............. I felt a hugh difference after I put my front strut bar on!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i have a front strut bar. I did notice a little difference in cornering but i think the rear will make a bigger difference. As for catch cans do they all just come with a universal bracket that u can mount anywhere.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Also check out Seoulful Racing in our Sponsor's section.

I've got my car lowered, with a front and rear RRM strut bars. Honestly, I felt no difference with the bars, only when I lowered it. Even taking hard turns fast.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gamz said:
Also check out Seoulful Racing in our Sponsor's section.

I've got my car lowered, with a front and rear RRM strut bars. Honestly, I felt no difference with the bars, only when I lowered it. Even taking hard turns fast.
i was also thinkin about lowering springs but how is the install

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Took about 4-5 hours to install all four corners.

An impact gun really helps, as well as a LOT of degreaser (especially if you've driven your Tib during a snowy winter). Most of my time was spent trying to loosen seized bolts.

But for difficulty, I'd give it 6.5/10 only cause it's dirty and time consuming.

But DEFINITELY worth it, both for handling as well as looks!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gamz said:
Took about 4-5 hours to install all four corners.

An impact gun really helps, as well as a LOT of degreaser (especially if you've driven your Tib during a snowy winter). Most of my time was spent trying to loosen seized bolts.

But for difficulty, I'd give it 6.5/10 only cause it's dirty and time consuming.

But DEFINITELY worth it, both for handling as well as looks!
alright i look into those too.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i thought the front strut bar and the rear SWAY bar are the best buys, i read that rear strut bar won't make much difference. and you say the opposite. i ordered a front oem tuscani strutbar from kspec.
my oil catch can is megan racing , from ezplus2003 on ebay , very inexpensive but good looking, you can contact them and they will make you a deal..

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Its a hatchback, the rear bar will help.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
apkraven said:
i thought the front strut bar and the rear SWAY bar are the best buys, i read that rear strut bar won't make much difference. and you say the opposite. i ordered a front oem tuscani strutbar from kspec.

The front strut bar is more for looks than actual "perfomance", the rear strut bar helps the most because its a hatchback car, the lack of trunk makes it fairly weak back there. And the strut bar really helps stiffen it up, where as the front there isnt that much to gain.

Upgrading front sway bars are pretty much pointless, you are correct in saying that rear sway bars make the big difference. A rear sway bar will make a bigger difference than anything.

The front of the car is pretty sturdy, its the rear of the car that strut bars and sway bars work best.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
apkraven said:
i thought the front strut bar and the rear SWAY bar are the best buys, i read that rear strut bar won't make much difference. and you say the opposite.
Ditto. Ive always thought the same as well.

Guess I learn something new about our cars everyday

1 - 15 of 15 Posts