Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking from past experiences and suggestions which way do you guys suggest i tune my I4 when i turbo it....SAFC 2, Ecu Flash, dyno tune........

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
NadaV6 said:
Asking from past experiences and suggestions which way do you guys suggest i tune my I4 when i turbo it....SAFC 2, Ecu Flash, dyno tune........
Might want to re-word you're question...

It should be worded like:

What equipment should I get to tune my turbo'd tiburon with?

Then a second question of:
What is the mots reliable way to properly tune the car?

As far as equipment goes, it really depends on what your goals with the car are...

If you plan on doing something moderate (10psi or less) then SAFC is ok, not really recommended, might want to go to a Perfect Power SMT6 (I think is the model no.) you could even (not recommended) use a regular GReddy eManage (blue/regular) for something light like this...

If you plan on going mild (16psi or less) then you should go with the SMT6 or the new Unichip (heard good things about it) or a stand alone...

If you plan on going extreme, save yourself the trouble and go with a stand alone, like a MegaSquirt v2, Perfect Power PRS4, AEM EMS, etc...

As far as tuning, since it's obvious (if you are asking this question) that you don't know much on the subject, then you should take it to a shop and have them Dyno tune it AND Street tune it...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
get smt7, why use the older thing?
i'm a perfectpower dealer from yesterday, but i don't know which prices can i get :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts