Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm tired of hearing bzz bzz bzzzzzzzzz went my bass hits, ive had my 05 since March last year and it keeps getting more and more louder. The 3 things I've found that rattle the most are:
1. The lenses that cover the overhead lights(under the sunglasses holder)

2. The drivers side rear panel. The main rattle is right at the edge of where the speaker frame lands on the panel from the inside(obviously...) If I push where the mesh ends it gets louder.

3. The seatbelt spacer. The little thin small plastic peice thats mostly a filler when you move the seatbelt mount device up or down by the door.

Now...besides dynamat, what could id do to reduce the rattling without removing those pieces? Hope this also helps others figure out where the hell the rattle comes from.

·
Banned
257 Posts
ummm dynamat or powermat, I got 100 sq feet of powermat for 116 shipped and dynamated my entire car floor roof hatch truck door panels rear panels, and i dont hear not one rattle with 3 type r 12s and 4 amps!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cusumtib said:
ummm dynamat or powermat, I got 100 sq feet of powermat for 116 shipped and dynamated my entire car floor roof hatch truck door panels rear panels, and i dont hear not one rattle with 3 type r 12s and 4 amps!!

Didn't really want to resort to that, I just wanted to see if someone thott of a jimmied way to fix it with dynamat. I guess I'll resort to that some time soon. I've got 1 amp & a type r 10, its enough to rattle things that make it annoying. :3_frusty:

·
Registered
962 Posts
How much do you think it would cost to have the car dynomatted by an audio place? (Sorry to hijack your thread) :3_nosthum

·
Registered
276 Posts
DDTiburon05 said:
Ok, I'm tired of hearing bzz bzz bzzzzzzzzz went my bass hits, ive had my 05 since March last year and it keeps getting more and more louder. The 3 things I've found that rattle the most are:
1. The lenses that cover the overhead lights(under the sunglasses holder)

2. The drivers side rear panel. The main rattle is right at the edge of where the speaker frame lands on the panel from the inside(obviously...) If I push where the mesh ends it gets louder.

3. The seatbelt spacer. The little thin small plastic peice thats mostly a filler when you move the seatbelt mount device up or down by the door.

Now...besides dynamat, what could id do to reduce the rattling without removing those pieces? Hope this also helps others figure out where the hell the rattle comes from.
im assuming that you have Digital Designs? well if your too lazy to remove panels then get used to the noise..

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I know what you mean man.. I have on '05, and there seems to be something that rattles in both door panels, and I also have a rattle coming from the trunk now, and I only have the stock system.

I'm gonna pick up some B-Quiet off of ebay, and do the entire interior.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
yo i my car has rattles in the same exact places. For the seatbelts i just ride around with them all buckled. I have no clue as to everything else so i usually have my stereo loud or i just listen to my exhaust. How much would it cost to dynamat the entire car, and how much time would that take?

·
Registered
298 Posts
riggs1088 said:
How much do you think it would cost to have the car dynomatted by an audio place? (Sorry to hijack your thread) :3_nosthum
More than any of us would ever want to pay!!! dude when it comes to audio your better off finding somebody who know wha there doing unless you plan on doing fiberglass or other types of custom work!!!!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
You can get 50 square feet of B-Quiet off of eBay for around $130 shipped. It took me about a day and a half to do the entire interior of my Camaro.

Dynamat costs twice as much as B-Quiet, and if you pay a shop to do it... You're looking at $500 minimum.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thats what I was afraid of. I do my own audio stuff Im just not to keen on tearing into certain areas and ripping up the carpet is one of those areas. But I will read up on it and end up doing it. Where can you find that cheaper stuff?

Just read your post 05gt and answered my questions. Is 50 sq ft all you need to do the car?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
riggs1088 said:
Thats what I was afraid of. I do my own audio stuff Im just not to keen on tearing into certain areas and ripping up the carpet is one of those areas. But I will read up on it and end up doing it. Where can you find that cheaper stuff?

Just read your post 05gt and answered my questions. Is 50 sq ft all you need to do the car?

Man... 50 sq. ft. is enough to do the Tib twice.

Once you get the seats and center console out. The carpet will pretty much come right up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Man, I finished Dynamatting my car this summer, and ut was a pain. I did the whole car with Dynamat eXtreme. Huge pain, but its totally worth it. The car is so solid and quiet.
I dont know about b-quiet, but with the Dynamat etreme, you dont need a heat gun. Just stick it on. Make sure to clean the area with alcohol first. Get yourself a spray bottle for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
05GT said:
I know what you mean man.. I have on '05, and there seems to be something that rattles in both door panels, and I also have a rattle coming from the trunk now, and I only have the stock system.

I'm gonna pick up some B-Quiet off of ebay, and do the entire interior.
I think I'll definetly look in to the B-quiet if it is that much cheaper.

The part that rattles in the rear panels is where the plastic mount for the speaker and the panel are meeting. When they made panels they didnt build it to have enough space in between, my friend gets it to rattle their on his 05 with the stock system.
Then I bet you the part thats rattling in your trunk is the small rectangle peice for your 3rd brake light wiring, when u pop the truck look directly at the center of the hatch, or turn up your sub, close the hatch, crawl in the trunk like I did and push on it, and you'll pry find that is it. I took that thing out before I started banging my head off the steering wheel.

Does Dynamat/B-Quiet have to be applied in certain temps?

RALLYREDRACER said:
im assuming that you have Digital Designs? well if your too lazy to remove panels then get used to the noise..
Nope my speakers are completely stock. Only thing after market is my amp, sub, and headunit. I'm running 760W Pioneer with 1 10 Type R Alpine, and Alpine Headunit. Unfortunetly I'll have to wait to get rid of the noise.
I want to get after market Alpine Components for Front and Rear but....$ is becomming an issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts