Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Tiburon GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still stuck on what to do next on my car I want to get the most power out of my 08 tibby but no forced induction I have a cold air intake and that’s about it

·
Registered
2008 Tiburon GS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did some research the gk tiburon has a g4gc beta 2.0d in it so 06 parts should work because I don’t find any for an 08

·
Registered
120 Posts
...Basically the same CAR: True NOT the same engine all those years. The 2003 Beta 2 engine was not adjustable cam timing. That started in 2004.
....I have had my car for 3 years. I spent 18 months trying to get more power out of it. I am an experienced engine builder and drag racer. This is what I did, and you can do.: Made a 1" thick plexyglass (plastic) throttle body spacer, retarded the cams 4 degrees, added massive ground straps to the cylinder head and block and body, 9mm plug wires, header, remove CAT(s), larger exhaust, 1/4" spacer/heat stop at intake gasket to head, true cold air intake (hole in hood, not eating hot under hood air), various oil weights & always run STP, non-ethanol 92 octain fuel, spaced out the second O2 sensor to prevent Chk Eng Lght, tried various brands/gaps/heat ranges of plugs.....I am sure there is more. Each thing got me 1-5 horsepower. It was still WEAK. It was a waste of time trying to get POWER from N/A setup. .....Then I bought a used turbo from my little brother. With no tuning, knowledge of a turbo, or anything other than an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to increase fuel, the car was CrAZy faster and an unreal difference.
A year later, much learning, and another $1,800 of investment in hot rod parts, I gt 20 mpg and can do a roll-on in first and second gear, and get third gear scratch without fail. I beat my other brothers fuel injested V8 S10 pickup and my friends 68 Chevelle with a 327. Get a turbo. even the $100 crappy one on Amazon. Its way better than N/A.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
...Basically the same CAR: True NOT the same engine all those years. The 2003 Beta 2 engine was not adjustable cam timing. That started in 2004.
....I have had my car for 3 years. I spent 18 months trying to get more power out of it. I am an experienced engine builder and drag racer. This is what I did, and you can do.: Made a 1" thick plexyglass (plastic) throttle body spacer, retarded the cams 4 degrees, added massive ground straps to the cylinder head and block and body, 9mm plug wires, header, remove CAT(s), larger exhaust, 1/4" spacer/heat stop at intake gasket to head, true cold air intake (hole in hood, not eating hot under hood air), various oil weights & always run STP, non-ethanol 92 octain fuel, spaced out the second O2 sensor to prevent Chk Eng Lght, tried various brands/gaps/heat ranges of plugs.....I am sure there is more. Each thing got me 1-5 horsepower. It was still WEAK. It was a waste of time trying to get POWER from N/A setup. .....Then I bought a used turbo from my little brother. With no tuning, knowledge of a turbo, or anything other than an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to increase fuel, the car was CrAZy faster and an unreal difference.
A year later, much learning, and another $1,800 of investment in hot rod parts, I gt 20 mpg and can do a roll-on in first and second gear, and get third gear scratch without fail. I beat my other brothers fuel injested V8 S10 pickup and my friends 68 Chevelle with a 327. Get a turbo. even the $100 crappy one on Amazon. Its way better than N/A.
I mean as for a header all beta 2 headers will fit

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea, sure. The link to Amazon turbo web address below:

The text is the actual address, for clarity. The link below takes you there.

The link below takes you there:

Amazon "$100" Turbo

There is a #150 turbo manifold online with the turbo right in the center, front of engine. The turbo points down out of the header/manifold, and the external wastegate sticks upward. Those two parts are relatively basic installs. I have a wire feed welder and a garage, and I was able to purchase bent tubbing pieces, and make the exhaust myself. I re-connected the exhaust to the turbine outlet. I got a $35 Spectra cone shaped air filter. You need to extend all 4 wires to the MAF sensor. Quality connections are critical I recommend getting a pigtail from the wrecking yard of the wire coming off the MAF, get as much wire as is easily possible. Cut yours just an inch off of your MAF sensor. That length of extension has served me well. Wiring is not hard, but absolute care and quality of custom wire connections is critical.

Get yourself a 1/2" thick, paperback, magazine-sized book about turbos, any one, and really read the whole thing. You will be likely become more knowledgeable than the basic ricer, and probably half of your buddies.

I will look for some more pics and check back soon.

-427troy

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts