Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Tiburon that I have a lot of plans for. First is to get it ready for a turbo. I know I need to get rods and pistons. I plan on getting CP stock bore pistons(82mm) Ive found h beam rods but don't know the brand. if anyone else has found some rods that will work for this eng, please let me know! Now I know know I want to get the head rebuilt with new springs, retainers, and valves. what else could i do to beef up the head. lastly Ive read that getting the crank heat treated is a good thing to do. Any other info would be great !
Thanks, tarter

·
Registered
138 Posts
Post your power goals.

For most people's needs (especially a one-wheel peeler FWD) the bone stock engine can take what you need it without taking it apart. These engines are underrated.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have a 2001 Tiburon that I have a lot of plans for. First is to get it ready for a turbo. I know I need to get rods and pistons. I plan on getting CP stock bore pistons(82mm) Ive found h beam rods but don't know the brand. if anyone else has found some rods that will work for this eng, please let me know! Now I know know I want to get the head rebuilt with new springs, retainers, and valves. what else could i do to beef up the head. lastly Ive read that getting the crank heat treated is a good thing to do. Any other info would be great !
Thanks, tarter
STOP! Breathe.....

You don't need to rebuild a Tiburon motor to accept boost. They will boost reliably past 200whp. I'd keep it below 250 to call it "reliable", also depending on the weight of your foot.

Build the turbo kit first, then build a motor on the side to be swapped in when ready.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I had a dollar every time somebody came on here saying they are going to turbo their cars...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts