Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
What a Beauty!
Keep us posted about the clutch solution :)
Do you have a cnc ported head?
Because I want mine to be cnc ported in germany, but no one ever did this here in germany, meaning they have to produce a mounting mechnaism for the head first.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Well I did a bit of research into cnc head porting myself. Same problem here though as very few people are crazy enough to modify old Hyundai engines :p

In the end i went with a light hand port on the intake / exhaust side. Nothing to extensive really but i couldn't justify the cost of a one-off CNC port...

A few years ago i had the intake manifold ported / gasket matched although i'm not sure if it's a good idea running this without having the cylinder head match?

Since then i've had it ceramic coated so i'm kind of reluctant to throw it away as the zircotec coatings are mega expensive...

·
Registered
60 Posts
ports should fit the runners, there should be no edge.
But hand porting is also never perfect, so airflow might be disturbed allready.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Whilst i remember, I chickened out on the original clutch setup. It was just a little hardcore for me...
View attachment 136723
I decided to swap 1x ceramic disc with an organic fibre disc instead... Hopefully this will give a little street friendliness...
View attachment 136722
OEM clutch, flywheel / pressure plate:
View attachment 136724
And the twin disc:
View attachment 136725 View attachment 136726 View attachment 136727 View attachment 136728 View attachment 136733 View attachment 136730
I'm loving your build man it's amazing so much suspension work , that's goals , also how did you get a bigger input shaft on the transmission Whats done to it?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts