Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got my V6 alloys yesterday! a lovely all in all 10 hour drive WAHOOOO... anyways i have noticed even with these 215/40/17 tyres/rims the arches STILL hug the **** out of the wheels! they hide like Bin L in the cave LOL.... but how can i prevent this? Should i just wack on some spacers? if so whats the most i can go?

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Selondontiburon said:
Hey guys i got my V6 alloys yesterday! a lovely all in all 10 hour drive WAHOOOO... anyways i have noticed even with these 215/40/17 tyres/rims the arches STILL hug the **** out of the wheels! they hide like Bin L in the cave LOL.... but how can i prevent this? Should i just wack on some spacers? if so whats the most i can go?
Anything less than a 1" spacer (25mm) will be good, at 1" you will get rubbing unless you roll the fender. I used to have 1" spacers, but I just couldn't keep them from rubbing when the suspension was fully compressed, even after rolling the fender. I have 1/4" spacers on the rear now and it brings the wheels out enough so it doesn't look stupid. I'd like to have thicker spacers, (I think 1/2" would be perfect, but I'd need to install longer lug bolts) but it's just not a priority to me.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys! i will indeed look into it all :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have 10mm spacers on my car and the wheel studs are more than long enough for them. I just found out they were on there. When I had my KSports installed the wheels were too close to the suspension so the shop put on spacers and told me. I never knew they were so thick, but the other day I took of my rear wheels and found out. There is a lot of wheel stud beyond the 10mm. Anything longer would probably not be safe without longer studs.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
JBLover said:
I have 10mm spacers on my car and the wheel studs are more than long enough for them. I just found out they were on there. When I had my KSports installed the wheels were too close to the suspension so the shop put on spacers and told me. I never knew they were so thick, but the other day I took of my rear wheels and found out. There is a lot of wheel stud beyond the 10mm. Anything longer would probably not be safe without longer studs.
+1 to that. Mine are also 10mm spacers on the stock studs with no problem getting 4 full turns on the lugs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts