Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a billet grill off of ebay for my tib and when it came in it has two black screws sticking straight down from the bottom of the grill facing the bumper. There are no holes on my tib so I'm assuming I have to drill two to fit the grill? I ordered the correct grill and for the correct year, I'm not happy about having to drill into my bumper. Suggestions? I was thinking of just cutting the bolts off. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I ordered a billet grill off of ebay for my tib and when it came in it has two black screws sticking straight down from the bottom of the grill facing the bumper. There are no holes on my tib so I'm assuming I have to drill two to fit the grill? I ordered the correct grill and for the correct year, I'm not happy about having to drill into my bumper. Suggestions? I was thinking of just cutting the bolts off. Any help appreciated.
\

Do a search. I posted this before.

Find some sheet metal. Cut two triangles. Drill four holes in each. One will bolt to the existing hole in the grill, the other three bolt to the tabs on the bumber. Bolt it up. Viola. Thats what I did. Having plate behind it made it solid enough that the one hole (on each side) in the grill made it solid.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Black Zip ties,,,can't be seen + no drilling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.