Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just came across this forum a few days ago. I bought a midnight blue 03 Tiburon GT 6SP about two weeks ago. I saw the DIY for painting the stock rims, and it got me to thinking about doing mine. I've always been a fan of black rims, would they go right with the midnight blue? If anyone has done this can you please post or direct me to some pictures, thanks.

Also, I'm trying to figure out what color I should paint my fuel door, and brake calipers as well so it all flows together good. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
For the rims go gold or bronze! I did the fuel door silver and calipers red, its classy and looks nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in central pa, close to Harrisburg. Not sure how far that is from Easton though, don't think its too too far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it's a little far, but not too bad lol. I do plan on most likely doing the gas cap silver and the calipers red, I think that gives a pretty good look.

I also saw the DIY for clear corners and I plan on doing that... What tail lights would look best with clear corner headlights on a carbon blue tib? (Idk why I referred to it as midnight blue..hah) I'm deciding between the redouts and the nite shading.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you start messing with the lights too much it'll look ricey. I'd just go with some HIDs or 6000k white or blue and maybe some after market head/tails... And definitely paint the calipers red, that looks so nice.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Bronze or Gold would look the best!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think gold would look best with maybe a silver lip. There is a really good DIY for painting your rims on here somewhere. I'm midnight blue also and i think black rims could look good but it would be hard to pull off especially with the stockers. Gun metal also looks really good. As for tails i think red outs are the best way to go. A very subtle, cheap and classy mod.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Maybe a gunmetal gray for the rims... or gold would look good too. for the gas cap, silver looks the best i think, but gold might not look too bad either.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
paint the chrome clear corner black, go with the redouts, red calipers, silver gas cap, and i would say gunmetal and when you go for aftermarket rims black with a red lip will look goooood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts