Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a wierd problem... I put the underglow on my car normally and when I was finished I took it for a drive and my blinkers do not work..??? I never had a problem before and they worked before i started the project. All the fuses are in good shape and the relays are fine... the wierd thing is, the hazards still work fine. The switch works and the headlights are fine. I have taken apart the steering column and tested all the wires individually and they all seem fine. I dont know if it is something stupid or a problem i should have the dealership look at. If anyone has ever had this happen or heard about it please help. I have no blinkers in the meantime. The switch moves but nothing happens...........????????????

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had a weird type of problem too, when I put my CAI on I took out the headlight. Well when I reinstalled it, the side light wouldnt come on. I tapped it and boom...turned right on...Ok I said. Well It started doing it again when I would first start my car. So I played with the wires and it worked. Well not long after I started doing it again and again, I took it out and made sure everything was good and it has worked ever since. Well moral of the story...best of luck. Sorry I couldnt help that much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pray to God for you sake that you didn't somehow kill your BCM... how did you wireup the underglows?
straight to the battery... nothin fancy

·
Registered
44 Posts
did you hook the undergrounds to a togo switch? if not did you just hook the positive wire from the undergrounds into a random positive wire? (possibly your turn indicator?)... moral is if you hook up undergrounds you need to

A. Get a togo switch

B. Hook the positive wire from the undergrounds to the togo switch

C. Ground the negative wire from the undergrounds

D. Ground the togo switch

E. Run a positive wire from the togo switch to the battery...

**** use a togo switch to avoid draining the battery ****

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you hook the undergrounds to a togo switch? if not did you just hook the positive wire from the undergrounds into a random positive wire? (possibly your turn indicator?)... moral is if you hook up undergrounds you need to

A. Get a togo switch

B. Hook the positive wire from the undergrounds to the togo switch

C. Ground the negative wire from the undergrounds

D. Ground the togo switch

E. Run a positive wire from the togo switch to the battery...

**** use a togo switch to avoid draining the battery ****

yes i used a togo switch and I just fixed the problem lastnight.... my flashers blew (no idea how) but had to replace them and everything is all good again... thanks for the responses though....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright the problem starts up again.. just this time not the blinkers... the other switch... my windshield wipers dont work with the mist and the interval wipers wont work... just the medium and high work.... im starting to think this is not my fault cuz i dont know what underglow would have to do with anything... my car is an 06 so it should be under warrenty... does anyone think they will deny me cuz of the underglow wiring??? Or has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pray to God for you sake that you didn't somehow kill your BCM... how did you wireup the underglows?
Well it has been a while but after replacing the wiper switch Hyundai has come to the conclusion that it is the BCM... so meanwhile Im sportin an 07 Sonata for a week until the part comes in.... yeah its all under warrenty... nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts