Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. im not sure how many of you know me or my car but i need help. thursday of last week i was driving up the highway rolling normal speeds and i went to accelerate to keep up with some traffic and BOOM...smoke, crap flying everywhere. i pull over in the shoulder and there is oil everywhere in my engine bay and on the road. after getting it towed into hyundai they showed me a large hole in my block. i dont know what happened in order for that to have happened. well i am only at 46k miles and i got my oil changed as often as i could. problem is, hyundai wont honor the warranty and replace my engine until i show proof of my oil changes, and i was only able to find reciepts for FOUR oil changes. i KNOW that i changed it more, but i have called every local place that i would have brought it to, and no one can locate any other records.

so now im stuck, the dealership said the repair quote is 6400 for a new engine and install in my car. i dont have that kind of money to just spend, nor do i want to. i find it unfair that they are denying me, i know that it was changed more than four times, i just cant locate more records. is there anyone out there who can help me in some way? INFO? anything?

·
Registered
58 Posts
That really sucks dude, must have been a fluke. Id buy a junkyard engine for $500. Search here for parts in your area: www.car-part.com
Haha $6400, id tell them to go fuc themselves!

·
Registered
936 Posts
umm wasnt there another thread about this by you?

get some receipts printed up and be dishonest about it... dont be a hero unless your bank account can handle it! it's not like youre in the wrong here.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Print up fake receipts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
How often did you change it? I get mine done at the dealer and have any issues added onto the work sheet, which are stored electronically and in my car. I'm also going to scan them into my computer.

Anyway ...iIf you used a credit card or debit card your bank could help you out. All those transactions are saved and categorized by type of service or sale. Anything for you car is under one category, and is available to you.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats why i go to the dealer for oil changes
yeah well... you never think that this kind of thing will happen you know?

Print up fake receipts
umm wasnt there another thread about this by you?

get some receipts printed up and be dishonest about it... dont be a hero unless your bank account can handle it! it's not like youre in the wrong here.
about the fake receipts, im not being a hero, ill fight for my rights as a paying customer, but i live my life by this "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". so dishonesty is not somthing i see as i would want to happen to me. so sorry, but i wont do that.

and yes, you did see this thread already, i posted a related linked thread in another category.

That really sucks dude, must have been a fluke. Id buy a junkyard engine for $500. Search here for parts in your area: www.car-part.com
Haha $6400, id tell them to go fuc themselves!
hopefully as i work my way through the different levels of hyundai managment, they will fix it. if not, this is the route i will take.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Your best bet is either to buy a used engine or do an insurance claim.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Find a used engine and fine a reputable shop to intall it guarantee total price for engine and labor will be less than what the dealership is charging you....Or if you are handy just buy the engine and put it in yourself

·
Registered
419 Posts
sorry but a lack of oil changes wont cause yer engine to go boom, the dealer is full of cow dung. the worst case scenerio would be the motor just lock up and knock like hell at first. naturally if youve modded yer car the deaer does have the right to deny you of any warranty work, it says so in the first page of the owners manual. good luck!! buy an NGM built block!!

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
actually the 10 year warranty i have is excatly why i go back to the dealer

plus when they tell me somethings not working right...i say.. why are u telling me this? go fix it ur the only people that touch this car
you're just asking to get screwed. Read Paul J McCain's recent thread about a simple shorted out wire and the dealership trying to replace a multi-hundred dollar BCM.

Dont just take the dealership's word for it, ever, or one day you're bound to get hosed.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
you're just asking to get screwed. Read Paul J McCain's recent thread about a simple shorted out wire and the dealership trying to replace a multi-hundred dollar BCM.

Dont just take the dealership's word for it, ever, or one day you're bound to get hosed.
This is true. Its hard to find a tech at a dealership that for one is good at what he does, and or cares to do it. :3_pimatyo Dealerships are so not the business.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey paul hit me up when you see this. was this at pohanka you took it to? i know a few of the techs personally and my friend is the parts guy for hyundai, nissan i'll ask them what they think. they probably looked at the car too ha.

·
Registered
302 Posts
about the fake receipts, im not being a hero, ill fight for my rights as a paying customer, but i live my life by this "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". so dishonesty is not somthing i see as i would want to happen to me. so sorry, but i wont do that.

hopefully as i work my way through the different levels of hyundai managment, they will fix it. if not, this is the route i will take.
If you were at my dealership I would fix this for you just because of that statment. I hate liars and there are many.

Is your engine sludged? if not then you have a leg to stand on. if so you are out of luck. the first thing the Hyundai rep will ask is if the inside of the engine looks like it was neglected (sludged up) if so. does the customer have proof of oil changes.

look inside the valve cover through the oil cap if it looks clean use that as your argument.

sorry but a lack of oil changes wont cause yer engine to go boom, the dealer is full of cow dung
WTF? with restricted oil passages and thinned out oil your engine can go BOOM. all the extra heat generated at the rod bearings can weaken the rod and it can break then go BOOM parts everywhere

This is true. Its hard to find a tech at a dealership that for one is good at what he does, and or cares to do it. :3_pimatyo Dealerships are so not the business.
It's hard to find a tech anywhere that is good. 10% are good 20% are ok and the rest are crap. I have gone through so many techs in the past 2 years I can't count all of them.

·
Registered
986 Posts
i talked to a few of the techs that i am good friends with up there they dont remember seeing the car. do you know who the tech and service writer were that you dealt with paul? tryna help you out but your not on here!!!!

and if none of my friends recall seeing the car in their bay then idk if they even did anything at all. And lack of oil changes has a huge part of helping a motor go BOOM! thats was the dumbiest comment i've ever heard. sounds like me and hytech are on the same page on tryna help you out paul let us know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts