Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what steps do i need to take to prepare a fiberglass bumper (already has paint on it) to be painted?

My bumper was recently damaged, i have fixed the trouble spot and now have to repaint...

i have never done paint prep, but it doesent seem that hard, and especially now that i have to buy a new motor, i am low on funds...
just seems like lots of sanding...what sad paper tu use? And Dry or Wet?

How can i get this bumper ready for spray?

-thanks ben

Mod: should this be in Car Care? or Exterior?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Mental Taste said:
Ok, what steps do i need to take to prepare a fiberglass bumper (already has paint on it) to be painted?

My bumper was recently damaged, i have fixed the trouble spot and now have to repaint...

i have never done paint prep, but it doesent seem that hard, and especially now that i have to buy a new motor, i am low on funds...
just seems like lots of sanding...what sad paper tu use? And Dry or Wet?

How can i get this bumper ready for spray?

-thanks ben

Mod: should this be in Car Care? or Exterior?

sand the existing clear with 1500-2000 wet until its frosty and smooth......make sure that "spot" is smoothed in and even with the rest of the surface as well(might wanna "spot" prime that area u fixed and make sure it hides itself in with the rest before u go to town with prime).............u would prime over all that a couple of times and then prep/paint the prime

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet, that sounds good, the old paint job was ****** anyway...
i'm just going to do all the prep, and then have a pro paint it...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Mental Taste said:
sweet, that sounds good, the old paint job was ****** anyway...
i'm just going to do all the prep, and then have a pro paint it...

indeed man if u need more help IM me ..morbid eternal6......ill be glad to assist any way i can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts