Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'd try this out it's a FP turbo cast manifold. You will have to use an evo style turbine housing though for it to work . So either get a stock Evo turbo or if you want more power get one of the upgraded turbos they sell for those . Here's a link to the manifold I was talking about. FP EVO 4-9 Race Manifold
I was actually about to order this turbo we had discussed previously, but if u think this route would be better then I might wait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yeah AliExpress is pretty bad. Think of it more like an eBay with worse translators lol... I only linked that as an example of a complete looking parts kit. The 121 pin socket is actually pretty common in the automotive world and used on many German vehicles. You can buy those same parts using the numbers they list in their keywords from other vendors. Here is the manufacturer site of the same parts (excluding the crimp on pins)

Ok before I get into this and order the wrong stuff how can I make sure I order the correct one? Is it 100% necessary? I don’t have a ton of experience in the car wiring department so this will be the most challenging part for me. I’m sure I can handle it, I just need to cover all my bases and make sure I know enough to not screw it up lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was actually about to order this turbo we had discussed previously, but if u think this route would be better then I might wait.

They sell adapters to put a t3 turbo on a Evo turbo manifold. So you could still use that turbo. Or even get an evo gtx3076r turbine housing. But the adapter is more affordable.
DSM EVO 6/7/8/9 Header Manifold to T3 Turbocharger Flange Adapter Fit Mitsubishi | eBay

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
They sell adapters to put a t3 turbo on a Evo turbo manifold. So you could still use that turbo. Or even get an evo gtx3076r turbine housing. But the adapter is more affordable.
DSM EVO 6/7/8/9 Header Manifold to T3 Turbocharger Flange Adapter Fit Mitsubishi | eBay
Thanks for the input, I think I found a decent manifold around the same price as the one you suggested. Don’t think I’d need the adapter for this one. Im so green when it comes to this stuff but I love learning and working on my car so I’m prepared for the challenges ahead. If I need the adapter for both I’ll just go with the one with the best shipping process.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks for the input, I think I found a decent manifold around the same price as the one you suggested. Don’t think I’d need the adapter for this one. Im so green when it comes to this stuff but I love learning and working on my car so I’m prepared for the challenges ahead. If I need the adapter for both I’ll just go with the one with the best shipping process.
looks like I will need the adapter for either one. The FP is out of stock of uncoated manifolds and the coated ones are 125$ more. Not a big deal but leaning towards CA

·
Registered
561 Posts
looks like I will need the adapter for either one. The FP is out of stock of uncoated manifolds and the coated ones are 125$ more. Not a big deal but leaning towards CA
Yeah any turbo manifold with the evo turbo bolt pattern you will need an adapter for t3 unless you find an evo turbo manifold that is already T3 bit isn't too cheaply made also.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts