Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive completely decided against the DC sports headers & exhaust at this point, based upon a recent post which made me realized that its lower-grade steel.... uck...

After listening to alot of sound clips, i like the Borla cat-back best of all of 'em. Is this an over-suspension setup, or not? I cant seem to find any under-chassis photos of it...

'Nother thing: Does anyone have a DIY for installing the Borla exhaust?

EDIT --Yeah, nevermind. Found the photos of the undercarriage @ borla.com, (DIY) and this also answered my over-suspension question.

Any mods -- feel free to delete

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
the borla is over axle so it wont hang down low.

as for DIY's, there isn't one that i know of because it is so simple. When you are under your car with the pieces laying beside you you'll understand.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
good choice, you can never go wrong with borla, no matter what car its fore

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
i think borla sounds great on most cars.. i had it on my elantra and my XG and if i get a exhaust on the tibby its gonna be borla also.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
i think borla sounds great on most cars.. i had it on my elantra and my XG and if i get a exhaust on the tibby its gonna be borla also.

I've Heard Borla systems and mufflers are pretty quiet compared to other systems

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
i like that its quiet unless i WANT it to be, even with my dc headers, if i dont want it to be loud, it wont be, but if i want it to be, the loudness is only a pedal away, and then theres no doubt that i have an exhaust

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Bakerking31 said:
i like that its quiet unless i WANT it to be, even with my dc headers, if i dont want it to be loud, it wont be, but if i want it to be, the loudness is only a pedal away, and then theres no doubt that i have an exhaust

I feel you dude, I wonder what flowmasters would sound like hooked to 2.5 pipes on my V6. SINGLE CHAMBER flowmaster mufflers :3_kwijl: Probably is going to be pretty loud. Which Im ok with if it sounds good.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I love my borla, sounds almost stock except for a real real low....sound? hard to explain. But it definately wont get confused for a civic thats for sure. I also like the sleeper look

·
Registered
962 Posts
Bakerking do you have any other video or sound clips. I am getting hotshots and borla and wanted to see about what I should expect for sound from borla and headers.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cutthroat1117 said:
Anyone got a clip w/Borla Exhaust & NGM Headers, by chance?

NGM and SSA are the same thing most of the time...so if you can find a clip of an SSA/OBX car it will pretty much sound exactly the same.

I have a vid of a borla on a v6 car in my Group Buy thread in our forum and a pic of it installed.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
riggs1088 said:
Bakerking do you have any other video or sound clips. I am getting hotshots and borla and wanted to see about what I should expect for sound from borla and headers.
i got one vid in my profile (click my profile in my sig), i will make more tomarrow for you, too dark out now, ill get a good vid of it when i step on it, and a better idle one.

·
Registered
962 Posts
That would be awesome I've listened to your set up in your profile like 200 times already lol. Sounds great from what Ive heard so far! And your headers don't have a cat correct?

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
riggs1088 said:
That would be awesome I've listened to your set up in your profile like 200 times already lol. Sounds great from what Ive heard so far! And your headers don't have a cat correct?
ya, no cat ... ill get some videos up tonight

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
just got home from work, shot some vid driving to and from work, nothin fancy, but gives you a decent idea of the combo's sound

click me

the reving sounds better in person, i think the rest sounds about right ... at least from my speakers it does

·
Registered
962 Posts
:3_bier: Heres one for the best vid of a borla to date. Great vid makes me feel like I made a good choice. Thanks Bakerking!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts