Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Resident Mechanical Engineer
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Borla on my car for almost four years now, and I've always been very impressed with it. But today I was even happier with it.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that I could smell exhaust fumes while stopped at a light or while the car was idling. I took it into a local Meineke, and they found a pretty big leak. The resonator was cracked, and they weld repaired it for about $60. I was disappointed that my exorbitantly expensive stainless steel exhaust system cracked, but that's when I remembered that they loudly proclaimed their Million Mile Warranty.

I managed to track down the exact website that I used to purchase the exhaust all those years ago and print out a copy of the invoice. I called up Borla, and they told me to fax all of the claim information over to them. I wrote up a simple cover letter explaining the situation and fed through the associated invoices.

Today, I came home to a check for the full amount of the weld-repair, no questions asked. This is phenomenal service by a company that truly stands by their product. I've been an advocate for Borla for years on this site, and I must say that I am very happy with their support.

The moral of this story is to always buy from a reputable shop for big purchases. Big thumbs up to Borla from me!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well thats good to hear, I have a borla as well and i LOVE it. glad to see a company that actually does what they say

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I LOVE MY BORLA!!!! FTW!!! that is an awesome story... i just wish i knew where i origially bought mine from.. haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yup I love my Borla as well, enough to even spend $$$ on importing one to Sweden. I think it is still one of the best sounding exhausts, the warranty (as pointed out) is excellent and despite what people say - you can run F/I with one just fine :p.

·
Registered
690 Posts
OK...lets see...SSA/Tsudo...warranty unknown...spend hundreds less...2 yrs old. Sorry...nope...SSA better. SSA still shiney. SSA cost put $300 in my pocket to spend when I want...if...IF it needs to be fixed...still have my $300 to use...when I need to.

·
Resident Mechanical Engineer
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK...lets see...SSA/Tsudo...warranty unknown...spend hundreds less...2 yrs old. Sorry...nope...SSA better. SSA still shiney. SSA cost put $300 in my pocket to spend when I want...if...IF it needs to be fixed...still have my $300 to use...when I need to.
So you're proud of the fact that your car sounds like a CRX?

Yeah, I'll spend the extra few hundred on an exhaust backed by an American company that hasn't gone bankrupt like SSA. Making cheap products with thin walls catches up to you. So does using them.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
and what happens when you find out your SSA has shoddy welds, cracks you keep fixing it and wind up spending that 300 on just fixing it... where with borla, it could break every other week due to manufacture defects (it wont cuz its better) and youd still just keep getting it fixed for free..

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yeah, they're not too shabby in the F/I dept. either, check out my sig!

·
Registered
99 Posts
MisterTib- I thought We could not use Borla for FI? I love how they sound and their warranty, but wanted to go FI by end of this year or early next....

Good to hear about Borla! and helps me make up my decision on my catback

Thanks

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
EvilRocky borla is not the most free flowing exhaust out there. The borla gets restricted all the way down to like 2" at the y pipe. However with the ammount of boost and the ammount of power people usually make here its not that big of an issue. It will give you slightly lower numbers then someone with the same setup and a larger exhaust on the same dyno just because thats how boost works.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hmmm...I think mine sounds very much like your clip...not that that is da bom anyway.
Sounds like a CRX? Grow up please.

Who has issues with their SSA headers?
Who has issues with their Tsudo cat back?

I have searched...seems minimal. Also seems to me most people have SSA style headers.
If it looks as new, 2 years later, no issues...I would expect it to continue. Your Borla had issues, so what!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
im glad to hear that borla did that, and it is nice to know that there is a company that stands by their products like that. Having a custom single exhaust like my self it has no warranty, yet is didnt cost even half as much. But it is nice to know that if i decide to go with different exhaust that borla has taken the mantle as number 1 because of this warranty.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.