Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So both the inside and outside door handles on the passenger side of my Tiburon broke off and door won't open. Does anyone have a tip on how I could possibly get the door open so that I can replace both the handles. Any advice is much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Break off the exterior one or remove the trim around the interior one so you can get to the rods. Push/pull on the rods to get the door to unlatch, then you can remove the door panel etc once it's open.

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
Break off the exterior one or remove the trim around the interior one so you can get to the rods. Push/pull on the rods to get the door to unlatch, then you can remove the door panel etc once it's open.
Never had to do it.....but here and other sites.....yeppers.....break more of the broken, get door open, grab rods/cables so you can open the door, then REMOVE inner door panel....lube stuff and replace parts.....otherwise, get new door panels since you will waste them.....

Reactions: Mmerkel35

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is very helpful! Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never had to do it.....but here and other sites.....yeppers.....break more of the broken, get door open, grab rods/cables so you can open the door, then REMOVE inner door panel....lube stuff and replace parts.....otherwise, get new door panels since you will waste them.....
Thanks for the tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts