Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought General Patton's Stage III ClutchMasters Clutch the other day and i received it in the mail. When i opened it i was a bit disappointed...it appears as if not all the clutch parts are there... here is a pic of what i got and what the site has on it.

See how my clutch doesn't have those 4 what look like springs.

I am so confused ??? help.

-Thanks,

Brian (Swimmerboy2112)

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
the one you have is an unsprung hub, the one in the pic is a sprung hub. nothing bad.

·
Registered
947 Posts
as valk stated
he had the unsprung version, the picture above is the sprung version

nothing to worry about, and GP wouldnt screw you over either, hes a good guy

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as valk stated
he had the unsprung version, the picture above is the sprung version

nothing to worry about, and GP wouldnt screw you over either, hes a good guy[/QUOTE]

That's why i was so confused!!! Thank GOD!!! I <3 you guys for helping me!!!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a great way to get something you don't want. just saying you might of done some research on clutches to see if this was exactly what you wanted before you bought it. thats all.
I did. I wanted a stage III clutchmasters clutch, and that's exactly what i bought and exactly what i got.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I did. I wanted a stage III clutchmasters clutch, and that's exactly what i bought and exactly what i got.
then why make a thread to ask if you got everything? i've bought stuff for my car that didn't work or fit because i didnt do enough research on the part. just trying to help you not make the same mistake in the future. just trying to help.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
which stage three did you want though lol
he obviously didn't know there was a difference. Anyways, thread was answered let it die prz.

Sprung clutch = slightly easier engagement because the springs absorb some "oomph" when the clutch contacts.
Unsprung clutch = a bit harsher / firmer on the grip.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
then why make a thread to ask if you got everything? i've bought stuff for my car that didn't work or fit because i didnt do enough research on the part. just trying to help you not make the same mistake in the future. just trying to help.
I know man i appreciate the help.

which stage three did you want though lol
What do you mean sprung or unsprung?

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he obviously didn't know there was a difference. Anyways, thread was answered let it die prz.

Sprung clutch = slightly easier engagement because the springs absorb some "oomph" when the clutch contacts.
Unsprung clutch = a bit harsher / firmer on the grip.
To tell you the truth, i would have rather got an unsprung clutch than a sprung one based on your little analysis.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
el oh el.... i'm just f***ing with you to partially prove a point for Faus.

The unsprung hub will be fine.
Point proven. Disregard my PM then (i failed lolz) ha if i hadn't just +repped you i would have done it again cause you got me good!!

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
lol, no worries since you're a good sport about the sh*t i dish out. Trust me, you'll really enjoy the new clutch. When I had mine put in it made the car feel new and come to life again. Very worth it.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
keeps us posted on install, price and difficulty, feel. ect

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol, no worries since you're a good sport about the sh*t i dish out. Trust me, you'll really enjoy the new clutch. When I had mine put in it made the car feel new and come to life again. Very worth it.
i know i can't wait until Thursday when it gets put it. The day i get it i'm going to drive around a lot to start the 500 mile break in period. No going over 3k rpm's for those first 500 miles is gonna suck though haha.

keeps us posted on install, price and difficulty, feel. ect
I'll keep you all posted in another thread. But so far it cost me $550 for the clutch and $473 for the Fidanza 9 lb flywheel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts