Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Bought a Clutch But It Doesn't Look Complete

2K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  Swimmerboy2112 
#1 ·
I bought General Patton's Stage III ClutchMasters Clutch the other day and i received it in the mail. When i opened it i was a bit disappointed...it appears as if not all the clutch parts are there... here is a pic of what i got and what the site has on it.

See how my clutch doesn't have those 4 what look like springs.

I am so confused ??? help.

-Thanks,

Brian (Swimmerboy2112)

See less See more
#5 ·
as valk stated
he had the unsprung version, the picture above is the sprung version

nothing to worry about, and GP wouldnt screw you over either, hes a good guy[/QUOTE]

That's why i was so confused!!! Thank GOD!!! I <3 you guys for helping me!!!

#13 ·
he obviously didn't know there was a difference. Anyways, thread was answered let it die prz.

Sprung clutch = slightly easier engagement because the springs absorb some "oomph" when the clutch contacts.
Unsprung clutch = a bit harsher / firmer on the grip.
To tell you the truth, i would have rather got an unsprung clutch than a sprung one based on your little analysis.

#20 ·
i know i can't wait until Thursday when it gets put it. The day i get it i'm going to drive around a lot to start the 500 mile break in period. No going over 3k rpm's for those first 500 miles is gonna suck though haha.

keeps us posted on install, price and difficulty, feel. ect
I'll keep you all posted in another thread. But so far it cost me $550 for the clutch and $473 for the Fidanza 9 lb flywheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.