Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i was talking to a friend of mine tonite (who shall remain nameless) and i decided it's time someone shows you i4 fellas a little bit of love... so here is what i'm willing to do.

I think it's time for someone to develop a nice intake manifold completely redesigned (not a stock ported and polished). I have a donor for the manifold and i have a tester for the prototype... now what i need are some investors.

So here is what i propose.

I want to run a raffle for 60 days. Ticket price will be free. I will give 1 ticket to a person who voluntarily invests $35.00 into my R&D program. The winner will receive a brand new production model manifold after it has been designed and tested for flow, and independent dyno results will follow. If i can get enough heads in on this it will be a very good result for all of the i4 community. I have the intake manifold standing by if the interest is there for the product, and i plan to price it quite affordably. The finished product will be powdercoated to the contest winner's color of choice, although successive production model color choices will be limited.

You i4 guys wanted someone to show you some love? Well let's see how we do with this. If it goes over well more products are certain to follow, brought to you by Boostology!

Tom C.

Boostology.

Post up if you want to enter the raffle. I'm going to gauge interest here for 60 days, if there are enough committed heads i will start the investment period at the end of december. We're probably looking at a month production turnaround and a couple weeks testing, then probably a month to get some made up... So probably 2-3 months until the winner receives their finished product tested and true, and beautifully powdercoated... just in time to start showing it off for spring! :)

So let's hear it guys!!!! Who's interested? (i'm running a list which will be updated every day.)

1. labmixz
2. chris929
3. NYelantraguy
4. BestRedRide
5. MyRy's 04Tib
6. Falcon_w13
7. Marlonius
8. cuinhell
9.KRZYPOSTALWRKR
10. sixth_Vang
11. Gamz
12. Krazie
13. Chuchuca

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the same rules will apply as apply for my built shortblock raffle for the v6 guys. $35 a ticket, 50 heads. Funds pay for R&D. I wont collect any funds until i have the headcount.

60 days starting now to generate interest! Let's get this going!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
raffle it's just like lottery? you pay $35, get no discount after the manifolds come into production or if you win you get a free manifold? ugh, i'd just better buy it after it's done then . :)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Interested.

-BRR

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chris929 said:
How many people are you looking for anyways?

that i'm not quite sure of yet... i'll have to talk to some people to find out what sort of investment i'm looking at to get this done. The more people join in though the better the result...

·
Registered
198 Posts
04elantraGTscott said:
ok thanks dude. im interested

haha i should have looked at your post on elantra xd labmix
I'd like to know what kind of a price we are talking about. If it's something decent for around 350$ or less, then I'm in.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
KeWLKaT said:
I'd like to know what kind of a price we are talking about. If it's something decent for around 350$ or less, then I'm in.
The Air-Ram was close to about $500 -- I can't remember the price, because kSpec has a price of "$649" but it's crossed out so I know thats not the real price, but to get a performance manifold I'd expect to pay aroudn $350 - $550... depending on the quality and benchmark testing...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah but it all depends on how they will be making the manifold also, the Air ram looked like a totally custom unit, but some other companies that do the v6 tibby manifold i've noticed they're jurt gutted and rewelded stock ones. In that case i am never going to pay an insane amount of money.

·
Registered
271 Posts
yea kewl i agree but in the first post

rereading it and i pasted it below i kinda understand what you mean

develop a nice intake manifold completely redesigned (not a stock ported and polished). I have a donor for the manifold and i have a tester for the prototype

1 - 20 of 130 Posts