Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am confused and I need to know if some one can tell me the direction of the brake rotors. At the first time I Installed the rotors like you can see on the pictures but next I saw the old pictures I have 07-09-2008 when I buy the Rotors and I see that I installed on the wrong direction, like you can see on the picture the rotors have some stickers R & L the little red sticker.

I need to know If now I Installed on the right direction like the red little stickers said R & L ? I don't have the new pictures of the other direction but you know. Remember this is a cheap rotors from ebay and the inside vane are straight (OEM), no mater what direction you installed the vane go straight like the OEM rotors. The cross drilled and slotted is what I ask ?

Thank You for your help....

KS

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
i always thought the slots go towards the front of the car? so they might be in backwards

EDIT: the stickers are right according to the pics , imagine sitting in the car right is right and left is left

you have them crossed up sorry time to change them

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Depends on the rotor vanes. If the vanes are straight (like on the stock rotors), then the rotors can be mounted either way. If the vanes are curved, then they should sweep towards the rear, regardless of the orientation of the slots.

·
Registered
579 Posts
^ correct...the inner vains matter the most....but if they are straight then they can go either way...if that is the case the slots would go in the same direction as going forward....so you would have them backwards.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
They are backwards. very clean looking btw.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Depends on the rotor vanes. If the vanes are straight (like on the stock rotors), then the rotors can be mounted either way. If the vanes are curved, then they should sweep towards the rear, regardless of the orientation of the slots.
+1. it doesnt matter how theyre drilled, its all about the inner vanes. thats what really cools the rotor.

They are backwards. very clean looking btw.
you dont know that.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
+1. it doesnt matter how theyre drilled, its all about the inner vanes. thats what really cools the rotor.

you dont know that.
How do you figure that?

·
Registered
579 Posts
can you see the internal vanes? NO so you DONT KNOW.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
^ correct...the inner vains matter the most....but if they are straight then they can go either way...if that is the case the slots would go in the same direction as going forward....so you would have them backwards.
Rool just mentioned that it doesnt matter which way the slots and holes go.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
How do you figure that?
because you cant see the vanes

can you see the internal vanes? NO so you DONT KNOW.
i dont know. i never said it was right or wrong. youre saying its wrong.

DO YOU SEE those LITTLE RED STICKERS? ACCORDING to that they ARE BACKWARDS.
stickers dont mean anything. i bought driled rotors, and according to the manufacturer, they were labeled where they were supposed to be, but the vanes were saying otherwise, so the company was wrong.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well geez guys maybe i assumed but by looking at the rotors and stickers its probably a safe assumption they are backwards so to the OP according to the STICKERS and MY BEST GUESS they COULD be on backwards so maybe look into to that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i didnt even see the stickers.....but still ot properly awnser his question we would need to see the vanes. which nobody here can see unless the wheel is removed and a pic is taken.

until that happens...NOBODY knows

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
i didnt even see the stickers.....but still ot properly awnser his question we would need to see the vanes. which nobody here can see unless the wheel is removed and a pic is taken.

until that happens...NOBODY knows
exactly. the rear rotors dont matter much because theyre solid, no vanes.

·
Registered
579 Posts
sure it does...as the dust and gas collect in the groove...if its going in the opposite direction of rotation of the wheel its harder (more resistance) for them to exscape....

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
sure it does...as the dust and gas collect in the groove...if its going in the opposite direction of rotation of the wheel its harder (more resistance) for them to exscape....
not necessarily. the direction of rotation wont affect how the dust leaves the hole. its main purpose is for cooling anyways.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
agreed, and the rims look real nice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts