Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently after I turn off my car there is this clicking noise coming from the back of the car, what seems to be thre brakes. Is this normal if you're in need of new brakes, or is it something else?

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
It's probably something else. Have you had someone outside the car trying to isolate the area of the noise when you turn off the car?

Which side of the car (drivers or passengers) or both?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Does the car see to roll? Also, how do you join in Nov of 2004 and this be your first post, crazy?

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its coming from the passanger side. I noticed it does it when I drive the car a little more..agressive. I took it to Hyundai but of course they said they dont hear anything(how can they when i get in my car and the spanish station is blasting). I figured it was my breaks since i know i'm in need of new back ones.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Clicking after you turn off the car?? You sure it's not just the hot metal making noise as it contracts? Pretty much all cars make little clicking noises if it's cold outside and your car is warm.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
I doubt it's the brakes because the Tib brakes last forever (I've got almost 40K miles on my original brake pads and rotors).

It probably is what peachferrari mention, cooling metal that "clanks" as it cools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts