Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just wanted to let you all know I have a new manifold coming in. In my quest to bullet proofing my motor to make it a quick, reliable, everyday driver, I purchased kspec's cast iron turbo manifold. I chose this over the traditional performance header because cast headers will take vibrations/heat much better then the stainless manifolds.

Cant wait! :3_chubby:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
that's a good idea.. do you have an external gate?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The wastegate postion on that manifold will cause inconsisted boost pressures such as boost creep and spiking issues.

And from experience. ...

This manifold can only work with smaller T25 & T28 series turbo's because of the turbo flange and the position the manifold locates the turbo. T3 series turbo's will have fitment issues as it sits to close to the block....

Also the castings on the inside of the one I had were not very good. You may need to smooth out the runners and port match the flanges to the head and turbo.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gary2 said:
The wastegate postion on that manifold will cause inconsisted boost pressures such as boost creep and spiking issues.

And from experience. ...

This manifold can only work with smaller T25 & T28 series turbo's because of the turbo flange and the position the manifold locates the turbo. T3 series turbo's will have fitment issues as it sits to close to the block....

Also the castings on the inside of the one I had were not very good. You may need to smooth out the runners and port match the flanges to the head and turbo.
Are you sure? When I emailed them they said it will fit as long as I dont use an internal wastegate.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
with external wastegate it should work. i heard that very long ago. and you Gary sold me the manifold which really had fitment issues. such as a bad egt hole, bad welded in bolts not allowing the turbo to attach without modification and afterwards you say kspec is a bad product.

·
Registered
99 Posts
apkraven said:
Gary sold me the manifold which really had fitment issues. such as a bad egt hole, bad welded in bolts not allowing the turbo to attach without modification and afterwards you say kspec is a bad product.
Huh?

I sold you my Speed-Factor manifold over a year ago.. I sent your pics of the manifold and sent you pics of it installed on my car. You recieved the manifold emailed and let me know you recieved the manifold and you were happy.

Now a year later you decide to bash the used product you purchased? :3_nosthum

I am sorry after one year your not happy with the speed-factor product

If you want to discuss further PM or email me @ [email protected].

If you want to bash the speed-factor manifold leave me out of it as I did not build the manifold.

Or you can contact the owner of speed-factor which is now turboelemnts @ http://www.turboelements.com/. His email and phone # is on his new site.

Now since this has gone :3_offtopi Leave it to PM or email.

·
Registered
443 Posts
NadaV6 said:
I just bought the one off www.ssautochrome.com for 200$ it doesnt look so bad
lol you paid way too much for anything SSautochrome. be sure to post pics when your manifold cracks...or maybe brace the turbo so that your manifold doesnt have to support the weight of the whole system, it will probably hold up alot longer then.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Gary2, i'm not much into bashing, i got what i paid for and it's the matter of past time, i'm sorry if i offended you, bad mood there was, i corrected the egt bung thread and drilled a bit the turbine bolt holes and it fit. so i hope it sits on the engine without fitments. but i really didn't see any pictures installed. if you can, please email to [email protected] .cheers, Eugene..

why a year after? cause it just covered with dust for most of time. and only now i'm coming to the last stage.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
dvanderk - maintec from the kspec , but it's really expensive one.

NadaV6, i'd suggest you strengthen it as much as you can maybe try to invent some additional brackets

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got an e-mail from kspec, and this what they said:

Thank you for vistiing kSpec.

Dear customer,

It won't hit the block but it might hit the oil pressure sensor on the block.
You would need to relocate it.

Thank you.

Sales Team
kSpec.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts