Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brake Pedal is HARD!

ok this has happend 4 times already. for example this morning I turned on the car, left it on for a bout a min and drove forward and as I was making a u-turn as soon as I hit the brakes to turn the brakes were completely hard. The car would not stop or slow down. I tried pushing on them again and the pedal still didn't go down so instead of using my emergency brake as I had done the previous 3 times, I just let it coast. I pulled to the side, turned off the car and turned it back on started driving, hit the brakes at the stop sign and still the pedal would not go down. After the second time this has happened I took it into my lovely dealership, after having the car the entire day they said everything was completely fine. But it's happened twice since then. Once this morning and once on Monday afternoon. So what is the problem and how do I fix it if the dealer says nothing is wrong???? Please HELP! :3_saai: oh by the way it's a 2005 gt 5 speed with about 12,500 miles

·
Registered
972 Posts
ur car hit puberty and it gets hard every once in a while.. its natural AHAHAH!!!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Sounds pretty strange. Is there anything physically blocking the pedal? I can't think of any reason the pedal would be hard like that. Usually if there's a brake or master cylinder problem you get a squishy pedal.

·
Registered
972 Posts
NessesGT said:
thanks for the help

lol.. sorry...

maybe something is blocking it.. get it checked out by hyundai or osmething.. prolly under warrenty

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not the answer you're looking for, but.....

Take the receipts/reports/whatever from the dealership showing what you brought it in for and them saying nothing is wrong and give them to a close family member.

This way, when you are killed because you have no breaks, your family will have a hell of a case and can live well for the rest of their lives.

This is definitely a problem and I'd contact the dealerships service manager or hyundai corporate and explain to them what's going on. The vehicle is not safe to drive if the brakes are faulty and can fail at any time. Insist they either give you a loaner car or pay for a rental so that they can keep the tib for however long it takes to reproduce or find the problem.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
WHY THE HELL does everyone spell it BREAKS it's BRAKES! But anywho on your Braking situation it's a possibility the Brake Booster could be going bad, Take your car to a Different dealer and ride with the Tech when he goes out on the Test drive. without me physically being there i can't tell you what's going on honestly. But i'm leading toward a booster, master cylinder is probably good i doubt the proportioning valve is bad I doubt the Calipers are in bad shape. Take the car to the dealer and ride with the Tech. that's my advice.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Check the brake booster and the check valve for its vacuum line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts