5K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  Jay-M 
#1 · (Edited)
Update:

This event has been postponed!!!

Event: BC/Alberta Summer Meet
Day/Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010
Time: TBA
Locations: Revelstoke and then cruise to Kelowna

It summer fellas! Lets make this a big and fun event. Everyone is welcome!

Attendance List:

BC Crew:

• DropZero
  • ~IWB
  • Jay-M
  • JGresch
  • Freddy Yu
  • 03 Elisa
  • Amy Canuckshark
  • McMill (maybe)
Alberta Crew:

• BlueSpanishShark
  • Jussy2099
  • chris929
  • Shft21 (maybe)
  • Rex3
  • boardin_an_biking (maybe)
  • Phenix3st
  • The_Hammer
  • swatsor (from gencoupe.ca)
  • shor7kid (maybe)

Master Plan:

- Both crews will make their way to the halfway point (Revelstoke) bright and early, don't worry about breakfast, we can always get it on the way; important thing is that we beat the traffic. Make sure that you guys have enough rest from last night since it's going to be a long day.

- Upon arrival at Revelstoke, we will have a meet, greet and maybe brunch. Then we will head south to beautiful Kelowna (see cruise route options below)

- In Kelowna, there are lots of things to do and see.. a few guys already suggested mini-golf, arcade, bumper cars, picture taking and dinner. We need help and suggestions from everyone especially to the ones who are familiar locally

- Some guys will be staying the night (BlueSpanishShark and Rex3) and anyone can choose to do so. There are a lot of local accommodations to choose from. My personal recommendation the Truck Stop... lol..

Notes:

- Everyone should bring their FRS radios and GPS devices they have any.
- Be mindful of others and use common sense during this meet. You don't want to be the one to be spoiling the fun for everyone.
- This is a long trip/drive so please make sure that your vehicle is ready for the task (check brakes, tire pressure, fluid levels and etc)

Cruise Details:

Option 1:
Long Scenic Cruise to Kelowna through Nakusp via Ferry rides (suggested by The_Hammer)
345 km – about 5 hours 32 mins (according to google maps)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...0.467995,-118.707275&spn=1.26223,3.485413&z=9

Option 2:
Short Cruise to Kelowna (but it'll leave us plenty of time)
197 km – about 2 hours 47 mins (according to google maps)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...0.467995,-118.630371&spn=1.26223,3.485413&z=9

---

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want to truly make this a great drive we should get off the hiway at revelstoke and take the trip out to nakusp and come into Kelowna on hiway 6 ( Hiway 6 has been voted the best hiway for a bike for the few years cause of the scenery and the cornering) it doesnt make the trip any longer just far more scenic.

#11 ·
#16 ·
Attendance List:

BC Crew:

• DropZero
  • ~IWB
  • Jay-M
  • JGresch
  • Freddy Yu
  • 03 Elisa
  • Amy Canuckshark
  • McMill (maybe)
Alberta Crew:

• BlueSpanishShark
  • Jussy2099
  • chris929
  • Shft21 (maybe)
  • Rex3
  • boardin_an_biking (maybe)
  • Phenix3st
  • The_Hammer
  • swatsor (from gencoupe.ca)
  • shor7kid (maybe)

#19 ·
im in i wont be driving the tib tho...... she still out for a while till i get er fixed, but i will be driving a GTP

#21 ·
Yeah Meng =) Fastest route and the one we will take I assume is #1 to hope then #5 (coquihalla highway) to Kamloops, then from there back onto the #1 TransCanada until we hit Revelstoke =D

Returning (From Kelowna) I plan to take the 97C to Merrit, then back onto the #5 coquihalla to get back =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.