Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of weeks ago my brother stole my car when i was passed out and broke my transmission, i have a 2003 tibby gt tiptronic 4spd. the car only drives in reverse as soon as you put it in drive it makes a nasty noise and smells like burnt clutch. i need help i need to know if its fixable (rebuild) or do i need a new tranny because i whent to hyundai and they want 1800 for a new tranny. and im not willing to pay that much my car has 180xxx kms on it so its way over powertrain warranty. whats really messed up is my winter car is a 2002 elantra 5 spd and he stole that car in the summer to when i was out of the country and broke 1st and 2nd gear. cost 1200 to fix that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The only option that I see is to take it to a Tranny shop and have them look and see what they say. I assume you went to hyundai and had them look at it already (if not you might wanna do that). There is always a junk yard!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Why don't you make your brother pay for it? Sounds like he needs a beating as well.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Why don't you make your brother pay for it? Sounds like he needs a beating as well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
^Hmmmmm......

·
Registered
808 Posts
Personally, I would give him the beating of his life until he forked up the cash to cover it. Other than that, look around local trans shops and see what they can do on a rebuilt. You could always buy a kit to rebuild it on your own, but rebuilding an auto is not the easiest task in the world. I'm sure there is a shop around you that could get it done for a reasonable price. Good luck

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
wow does your brother love causing you heartache or something?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I blew the trx in my early model mach 1, and had to drive home in reverse between traffic, (1/2 mile from home), and I turned in my core and got a discounted rebuilt one. That was at ammoco several years ago, but they should be avble to rebuild it cheaper than new.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
damn, you should be the sh** out of your brother lol

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Seriously. Make your bro pay for a new one. If he's old enough to drive, he's old enough to work.

The lesson to you is to lock your keys up when you get home. You can get a strong box with a combination lock on it to keep your valuables, wallet and keys in it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts