Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a used Tiburon, and found one at 180 000 km with an automatic transmission (very rare in my country).

I never had an automatic car before, but my general impression is that they often fail eventually, and it will be expensive to fix.

1. Am I buying myself problems if I buy such an old car with an automatic transmission? Or has the transmission been reliable in these cars?

2. How good is the transmission from a driving perspective? Is it OK? I'm only buying the car for simple driving around town, not that interested in performance/sporty driving. But there is a ridiculous amount of speed bumps around where I live, so I wonder how that will work with an automatic...

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 2004 has 100,000 miles, no transmission issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 automatic with almost 200k on it - Have done one or two transmission fluid changes and that's it, no problems with transmission so far! (Body control module is another thing -make sure you keep an eye on water leaks if you live in a rainy place).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Tiburon GT V6 Automatic with over 150,000 miles on it. I've had no transmission problems. Now the power steering pump and line are another issue... Ggrrrr...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts