Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal, I went past my local Hyundai dealership because my girlfriend is looking at buying an older model Tib (after falling inlove with mine of course.) So after some research and pricing talks we have it down to this.

Red 2003 Tiburon SE, Fully loaded, undercoating, rust proofing, you name it, all included
Only 23,000 KM on it. (summer car for a student)
Car is in mint condition inside and out.

Price: $12,660 (Canadian) - Taxes in

Now my question is, take the deal and run? Or do you think I could talk them down a little bit more?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thats seems pretty damn steep even though you say its in great condition look up the blue book value and look how much you will be losing as soon as you drive it off the lot.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
That's a pretty damn good price, but it never hurts to talk them down. I talked them down from $9000 to $5500 when i bought my tib. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Talk them lower, they're cheaper than that anyday. Just read up some information and throw some words at them like "2.7L?... to bad it's not more." "only 172hp?" "FR drive?"

Even make up some things and they're not going to know. Make yourself sound like an educated customer, they'll break in a second.

By the way I have a 2003 SE, you'll love it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well I will give you guys a break down of whats happened so far,
The car had a sticker price of $15,995 plus 9.2% interest over 3 years. plus good old Ontario Taxes of 13%
They through in the undercoating, and the rustproofing for free so far, and I have them down to $12,660 after taxes.
So as it stands now, I've saved $5414.35 after taxes. I dont want to get too greedy and spoil the sale.
Do you think I should just agree and sign the papers already? Or any more ideas on what I could squeeze out of them.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hmm, so I'm trying to remember what exactly an SE is in Canada. Here in the US it's basically the top of the line model, but isn't it a mid-range model up there? 12660 CAD converts to 11764 USD. That's waaaay low mileage (kilometerage??) for a 2003 though. Last time I booked my 2005 SE (about 35k miles) it was worth around 13000-13500 US, if that gives you any idea.

I'd say overall it sounds like a reasonable price, but just so you know the "rust proofing" and "undercoating" are meaningless. They won't really do anything to the car and they'll make you think they've done something extra. It kills me that dealers still try to tack those on anymore.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
hm.

it has 23000KM, which is roughly about 14291 miles. KBB values it at $9885, which is about 10561 canadian. i dont think thats too bad. go for it, but not after youve searched for a cheaper tib. if not, this shouldnt be too bad at all really.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It seems like Tiburons are a bit more expensive in Canada for some odd reason. Seems like a pretty fair deal, talk them down if you can. If it is a manual I would worry about the clutch in the future.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
and dont go there in ur tib because they will kno u want it u have to make them think u don t want the car

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Well some people on here were thinking the car was mad expensive! Wording was bad....

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
^ its not just conversion, even with that factored in, cars are still more expensive. The higher trim level gt's are pushing 30k canadian, while the us versions top out at about 22k

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok here's the deal, I went past my local Hyundai dealership because my girlfriend is looking at buying an older model Tib (after falling inlove with mine of course.) So after some research and pricing talks we have it down to this.

Red 2003 Tiburon SE, Fully loaded, undercoating, rust proofing, you name it, all included
Only 23,000 KM on it. (summer car for a student)
Car is in mint condition inside and out.

Price: $12,660 (Canadian) - Taxes in

Now my question is, take the deal and run? Or do you think I could talk them down a little bit more?

no deal man the se 2003 is worth like 7 grand if ur lucky candian book value look else where tiburons are popping up everywhere so good luck !!! ohh and dealers say what it all has but canadian here in duncan here selling the last few of the new 08 tiburons for 18 gs so ..... haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts