Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,731 Posts
yes it looks like the hole in the frame will be snug fit with the pipe. WRONG. take a pair of pliers, grab the edge of the hole and bend the lip down!! both sides of it and then wrap either your pipe or the edge with something to keep it from cutting.

Remove your battery and headlight for easy access. If you have 03 and 04 (i think). take off your driver side tired and splash gaurds to take of the resonator.

Dont bang the maf around and dont stretch the wires out and make sure when u put it together the arrow is pointed the right way.

This may not make sense now but it will once u start install

· Registered
3,867 Posts
05Tib said:
yes it looks like the hole in the frame will be snug fit with the pipe. WRONG. take a pair of pliers, grab the edge of the hole and bend the lip down!! both sides of it and then wrap either your pipe or the edge with something to keep it from cutting.

Remove your battery and headlight for easy access. If you have 03 and 04 (i think). take off your driver side tired and splash gaurds to take of the resonator.

Dont bang the maf around and dont stretch the wires out and make sure when u put it together the arrow is pointed the right way.

This may not make sense now but it will once u start install
Nicely put 05tib.

Did you get the CAI or SRI?

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Streetshark2003 said:
Nicely put 05tib.

Did you get the CAI or SRI?
Quick question guys: do the '06s have the resonator?

· Registered
3,867 Posts
korean_evan said:
lol I have to do all that even with the SRI?? lol I bought the SRI
Spitzer-pretty sure the 06's dont have a resonator.

korean_evan-nope, it'll be a piece of cake since you got the SRI (I have one too). 05Tib was talking about the CAI.

· Registered
3,238 Posts
korean_evan said:
lol I have to do all that even with the SRI?? lol I bought the SRI
Nope, with the SRI you don't have to mess with that hole at all. Remove the battery to give yourself some more room to work with and you're good to go. The filter will end up right above that hole in the fender like this:

You'll love the nice growl it gives the exhaust note!

Confirmed spitzer--no resonator on '06. I think it was only '03

· Registered
3,867 Posts
peachferrari said:
Nope, with the SRI you don't have to mess with that hole at all. Remove the battery to give yourself some more room to work with and you're good to go. The filter will end up right above that hole in the fender like this:

You'll love the nice growl it gives the exhaust note!
Hells yea! You'll feel a nice kick between 3-5k RPM. Nice pic peachferrari :)

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Thanks for the answer (and confimation) to my question guys.

Im throwin Cel's all the time now with just my SRI. I ran it for liek 3 months with no prob. Now that the temp is a bit lower i get p0171. Dammit

· Registered
3,867 Posts
Spitzer said:
Thanks for the answer (and confimation) to my question guys.

Im throwin Cel's all the time now with just my SRI. I ran it for liek 3 months with no prob. Now that the temp is a bit lower i get p0171. Dammit
No prob, anytime :)

That sucks, I've had my SRI since April and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
the intake will make it sound a little louder. Kinda a throaty sound.

· Registered
49 Posts
You'll love injen whether it be SRI or CAI but the sound you get is unbelievable. I had a stock 06 SE and after i put my CAI in it was incredible. Such a difference. Good luck getting the little rubber strip on the metal. You have to either grind or take a pair of pliers and bend back the metal a little bit. Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.