1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You can take the factory brackets off the radio and attach them to the new one, and just go and buy the cubby hole pocket to go underneath it from the dealer, or someone on here might have one. Also, check with lowsonoma, he is a parts dealer for a Hyundai dealer, and can get you stuff at a killer price. They also make install kits for the car, I have one, but bought it so I could custom make it for my switch panel, don't really need the install kit though with the factory pocket. L8R

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yea... that Pioneer is a good radio. I've always been a fan of Pioneer and Alpine. I'd sell you my alpine for $260. It's used but still in great condition normally it cost about $600. I also have the dash kit for the 03 and up Tiburons. Most of the Tiburon's I've seen with the 3rd gen body style don't need dash kits but we have one that has CD cases built in. I have a spare if you are looking for one... other than that I know best buy carries it or can order it for around $20-$30 depending on what you want.

Later man.
D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Just talk to any audio shop, say you need a mounting kit. They'll give you a bracket that fits in there to accomodate the smaller cd player and it will have a little cubby hole underneathe.

As for that cd player, it will play cds or radio, but that's about it. It depends on how in to your music you are. If you really want some control over what's going on, you're gonna want to step it up a bit, like perhaps to the premier or Kenwood Excelon. Eclipse and Alpine are supposed to be pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Alpine is awesome, the one I have lets you do time correction, and set up each level for the mids, and subs.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
kartunez said:
Alpine is awesome, the one I have lets you do time correction, and set up each level for the mids, and subs.
Yeah, the upper level Alpines are supposed to be ridiculous. I really don't have much experience with them, so I can't say for sure. But from what I've read, they seem pretty awesome. Only thing is, it seems like Alpine has been less user friendly than others.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
AnthonyNTC3 said:
i have an 06 gtv6. i was wonder if there is a new casing I need to swap out for the stock hyundai cd/cassette/FM tuner, because it is twice the size of the head units im looking at. if so, do i get this at the dealer?
also, i am looking at this particular one, I was wondering if it was good.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-Player-DEHP5800MP/sem/rpsm/oid/142287/catOid/-13641/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
yeah, like the other guys said, just ask for the dash kit when you buy the radio. the hyundai part will probably be expensive. but you should save a little bit more and step up to this one.. awesome deck, plays mp3's, has ipod connectivity, motorized, etc.... and looks great with the simple dash kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts