Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where this goes so please move this thread if it dosen't belong here.

I keep seeing salvage title GT tibs pop up everywhere I turn......

would it be a good idea to purchase one as a parts car?

I have a 2004 GT with cloth seats right now, but could I buy a salvage with leather seats and just swap them? I also wouldn't mind having spare parts around so I could try modding them before I do it to my actual car (like shaving the hatch, tinting the tails, and custom-fabbing the hood). Also I could part it out to people who needed the parts on NT too...

What does anyone think about this?

Let me know.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Sounds good. I thought about doing the same thing. Alot of ppl just part them out...

·
Registered
208 Posts
ya thats quite common acutally. or if a part on your car fails oem wise you have a backup you can put in also. just ask razloga he does it and just part the cars out

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is actually a lot of good salvage cars out there. You can just repair them if they need to be, and get a rebuilt title. Runs the same as a new car, but is about 60% cheaper if you do it right.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
haha... nice to know I am getting around.. ;)

thats how I got my tibby... well, thats how I assembled mine...

I bought two cars that had been smacked... and from those two, I assembled one nice one...
and when I was done.. I had a bunch of left over parts, I figured that maybe I could be of some help so I started to sell the parts off...

but just because a car has a salvaged title, doen't mean you can get it for cheap... the value does go down... but not by a whole lot... so if you can find a car for cheap enpugh, it might be worth it... but don't expect to make any money from it...

it is sometimes more efficient to just buy the parts you want to play with and experiment with those...
so drop me a pm.. ;)

oh, I can do this because I have "connections"... which I am not about to disclose.. lol

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
if your interested in just trading seats right now i have an 03 with leather seats that are in good condition that i will trade straight across for your cloth. i think they will swap right out with each other no problems and the airbags are all good in mine.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
billy2642 said:
if your interested in just trading seats right now i have an 03 with leather seats that are in good condition that i will trade straight across for your cloth. i think they will swap right out with each other no problems and the airbags are all good in mine.
I would do that with you but the reason I am looking at new seats is because my dog tore up the passenger and rear seat when I went into a restaruant to get a bite to eat for us when we were on a roadtrip.

If mine were in good condition I would trade you straight up but I don't want to make any enemies out here.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
thats understandable. i at least appreciate the honesty. if you do find some cloth ones first and still want the leather, let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts