Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally sold the Tiburon.

After many months of looking for a replacement, or an addition to it. I bought the Wrangler as an addition for the winter. But after driving it for a few months, i was SO much more comfortable in it, and whenever i got in the Tib i felt cramped in there. So i decided to sell it.

The lack of room finally got to me. At 6'4'' i felt like i was crawling into it, i had no headroom without reclining my seat back pretty far, the dash would poke my leg. I also wanted to get a canoe or waverunner, something the Tib cant haul. I never drove it fast, raced, or drove hard at all. I just simply grew out of the compact sports scene.

In the 2 1/2 years, and 42k i owned it. (bought it with 10k on the clock) I had a few issues, namely the stupid moonroof sunshade, damn thing broke like 3 times on me, the MAF, and cruise control module. It was a solid, dependable car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Hyundai if the situation warrants. It was built in April 2002, which was supposed to be a clutch problem model, but i never had an issue with it.

I got an offer for it that was what i was looking for. I wanted to sell it before it depreciated too much, and with how other people around here are having trouble selling theirs i feel pretty fortunate.

The Jeep was the right price, with all the right options. I just put a small 2" lift on it with some 31s, and i love it. I cannot wait for summer to tape the top off. Here is a pic.http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thamole187/detail?.dir=64e0re2&.dnm=96fbre2.jpg&.src=ph
The gas mileage sucks, but at this point i don't care. I am just soooo much more comfortable in the Jeep. By girlfriend loved the Tiburon, but she is warming up to the Jeep, she is even talking about selling her car to get a SUV, she doesnt like sitting so low on the road in her car now. :3_bier:

I'll still be sticking around, but probably not as active as i once was.

·
Registered
208 Posts
glad to hear everything worked out with the tib! we need to meet up sometime and take it off road :) hope to see ya around and take care man

·
Registered
111 Posts
ur jeep looks pretty sweet man.. congrats :3_nosthum . today i saw a four door 07 rubicon for the first time.. im really diggin the new model .. i'd go for the new jeep but im still a bit upside down on my tib.. :3_frusty:

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol you did the exact opposite of me, i went from a jeep to the tiburon lol, but im also not quite 6 feet so i can see how the jeep would be more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
breaker said:
glad to hear everything worked out with the tib! we need to meet up sometime and take it off road :) hope to see ya around and take care man
you know any good spots down here?

quiksilv said:
lol you did the exact opposite of me, i went from a jeep to the tiburon lol, but im also not quite 6 feet so i can see how the jeep would be more comfortable.
ha, yea the gas mileage sucks, but its soo much more comforable. and with the snow today, i would have never been able to get the tib out of my parking lot

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
good buy. yeah sometimes at 6'5" the tib sucks but i havnmt grown up enough to get out of the car yet, lol.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice buy... Do well with your Wrangler :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
wranglers are awsome I was thinking about getting a used 4banger and get a lift kit but decided to keep my money lol. They are great fun on dirt bike tracks! :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Man, i wish it was easy to get a lift kit for my truck, but with an IFS, it's so damn expensive.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
Nooooooo!!!!

lol- I hear you on the 6'4" thing- and I'm only 6' 1"

·
Registered
574 Posts
I just went from the SUV to the tiburon, and even though I hate to admit it, being 6'3" and going to a tibby probably wasn't the smartest. . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts