Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bypass Factory Amp [w/ PICS]

I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT with the Infinity Sound System. Originally, my speakers had no sound coming out of them. I thought it was because of a faulty stock head unit. Then, I installed my aftermarked Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD head unit--still no sound. Now, there are two things that could be faulty: either the factory amp or a blown fuse or something. Anyways, I'm trying to bypass the factory amp and see if that fixes the problem. I've removed my rear seats and side panel and removed the factory amp.

Where do I go from here? I've heard you have to cut and splice the wires but I'm not sure. I don't want to run wires from the head unit to each speaker as that would be a PITA. I know there's an easier way to do it since all the wires are connected to the stock amp. Detailed instructions would be nice since I'm kind of an audio noob ;).

Wiring Diagram (click on the first link [#1]): http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Support/KnowledgeBase.aspx?ifs=hyundai+tiburon

Pics:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive been looking for where the stock amp was thanks so much and my sub does not make any sound do you think its blown?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ive been looking for where the stock amp was thanks so much and my sub does not make any sound do you think its blown?
If your sub was blown it would still move and make noise. There's another issue if it's not making any noise at all.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if the coil separates inside the sub, which does happen quite often, the sub wont do anything, if possible take a drill battery or even a fresh 9v but a drill would be better, 14 or 18v is fine since ur only testing, take the two wires going directly to the sub and touch them to the positive and negative poles on the battery anyway, and the sub should pop, dont hold the wires on the battery just touch them, if the sub doesnt move or pop its blown if it does its most likely the amp or a bad connection somewhere

·
Registered
174 Posts
to the OP, the factory amp essentially has 5 channels, there is capacitor inside the amp to filter out frequencies going to the tweeters to avoid putting them on a separate transistor despite having a designated output, that being said, the easiest thing to do would be to simply get another amp and wire it up in the same location because all the wiring is there, assuming you have the subwoofer you will need a 5 channel amp to get everything working properly like oem again, other wise you will need to run 4 pairs of wires from your headunit to the amps location, but you cannot wire the subwoofer to the back of the deck you would need a smalll aftermarket amp in this case, if possible see if you can find a used amp it would make life the easiest otherwise you got your work cut out for you, let me kno what you want to do and ill give you specific instructions on how to hook it up if you want.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
to the OP, the factory amp essentially has 5 channels, there is capacitor inside the amp to filter out frequencies going to the tweeters to avoid putting them on a separate transistor despite having a designated output, that being said, the easiest thing to do would be to simply get another amp and wire it up in the same location because all the wiring is there, assuming you have the subwoofer you will need a 5 channel amp to get everything working properly like oem again, other wise you will need to run 4 pairs of wires from your headunit to the amps location, but you cannot wire the subwoofer to the back of the deck you would need a smalll aftermarket amp in this case, if possible see if you can find a used amp it would make life the easiest otherwise you got your work cut out for you, let me kno what you want to do and ill give you specific instructions on how to hook it up if you want.
nice little write up but i would bet he has figured it out by now considering that the thread was made 3 years ago...

why the hell cant people read.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So my car didnt have an amp so im guessing the sub is not wired up and the speakers are just connected to the aftermarket head unit

·
Registered
63 Posts
my aftermarket head unit doesnt have a factory amp output. it has plug ins for an aftermarket audio output tho do i cut that and splice the factory amp into that?. cuz ive used all wires and the only ones left are the external hook up ones. i see the blue wire from factory harness but i dont see where to hook it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts