Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright dudes i needsome help. I think its time to go Carbon hood. I really like the Seibon TS. anyone know where i can find it cheaper than 600 bucks?

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
is it worth it?
i noticed that it flexes alot going down the road and you have to drill to use the factory holders for you wiper fluid lines but that was no big deal but it is way lighter and improves air flow dramatically in the engine bay and looks awesome. If i had the choice i would do it again, its pictured in my profile you be the judge.:3_nosthum

·
Registered
137 Posts
i ordered through a shop by my house but after shipping and tax it was only $630. fits perfect but like above you do have to tweek the spray holes a little

·
Administrator
5,353 Posts
I honestly wouldn't buy a cf hood from any seller on ebay. Part of the reason that most cf hoods are warped and odd shaped or sits higher on one side than the other is because most sellers wont take the time or money to double box the hood and package it really well. I would only order from Mike at Importshark as far as major exterior mods go. Hood pins are a must on cf hoods also, regardless of what others say. Plan on picking up a pair of those if or when u get the hood.

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
I honestly wouldn't buy a cf hood from any seller on ebay. Part of the reason that most cf hoods are warped and odd shaped or sits higher on one side than the other is because most sellers wont take the time or money to double box the hood and package it really well. I would only order from Mike at Importshark as far as major exterior mods go. Hood pins are a must on cf hoods also, regardless of what others say. Plan on picking up a pair of those if or when u get the hood.
Mine came from ebay from tuners outlet and it did come double boxed and in excellent condition very well packaged

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Mine came from ebay from tuners outlet and it did come double boxed and in excellent condition very well packaged
random but ill be in cuse today picking up my thunder bumper at federicos autobody

but i wouldnt trust ebay (you got lucky :3_puh2:) and im sure theres gonna be someone selling theirs for cheap on here

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bought mine from Airwolfracing through ebay. I was very impressed with quality and packaging. I would highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
random but ill be in cuse today picking up my thunder bumper at federicos autobody

but i wouldnt trust ebay (you got lucky :3_puh2:) and im sure theres gonna be someone selling theirs for cheap on here
where are you coming from? what year tib do you have?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine also came double boxed from ebay, it was in fact slightly raised on one side, but that mostly had to do with the bolt holes, adjusting the bolt/brackets and removing washers fixed all warpage issues.

but like above, get hoodpins, aerocatch latches are the best imo, but you have to cut into the top and sudskin of the hood to fit them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts