Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I was thinking of bringing my car to one of those automatic carwashes that u just drive through and it washes all over, was wondering if you can do that with the cai since the begining it shoots water underneath to spray under the car/

·
Registered
281 Posts
You're fine because usually in the automatic car wash you drive up onto the thing and put your car in neutral and it slowly brings your car through the car wash. Therefore you aren't revving up your motor and there isn't much air going into the CAI, therefore water isn't likely at all to get in. Especially if you have a dryflow filter.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
And first of all, if you love your car, do not ever bring your car into an automatic carwash !

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thanks for all your help ( I need to too dam salt from the road )

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
your fine. i second washing your car by hand, auto car washes typically scratch up the paint. and the hyundai paint is nothing special to start with

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Those of us in the cold climates just about have to use an auto car wash in the winter. I wash my cars by hand when it's warm but in the winter, it's just not possible. WIth the salt on the roads you have to wash it more often and you can't wait for it to get warm. Plus, most auto washes clean the undercarriage great.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i'd say this all depends on what style your wash is. i go to a touchless wash once in a while and the undercarriage wash sprays the **** out of the underside of the car and it doesn't carry your car, you drive in yourself over a type of speed bump. be careful.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
bcware said:
i'd say this all depends on what style your wash is. i go to a touchless wash once in a while and the undercarriage wash sprays the **** out of the underside of the car and it doesn't carry your car, you drive in yourself over a type of speed bump. be careful.
same here. i still wipe it dry afterwards cuz it doesnt get nearly all the dirt off, but the water is hot and doesnt immediatley freeze like the manual ones..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all went well :D just got back

·
Registered
939 Posts
Exactly what kind of autowash are you talking about?

If it's the kind you pay 5 bucks for, where you just sit there in one place while the machines swirl around you, then no, I haven't been to one of those since I got the CAI. Because most of them do a high pressure undercarriage flush as you drive in. Just doesn't doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Now if it's the kind of auto wash where you pay 15 to 20 bucks, and a conveyor drags your car through a Rube Goldberg style wash system, then an army of kids descend on it, well... Most of them drag the car over an undercarriage wash too, so I asked the manager. He told me the cars are turned off as they go through, so I've been there many times with zero problems. Those places are GREAT during the winter.

Just my 2 cents ~

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
I go through once a week. You're good.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Or you could clean it once a month like me?! and leave the inside looking like a tip? *** butts? mcdonnalds wrappers, THE LOT! my carpet looks CIG ASH GRAY rather then black lol.. damn need to clean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts