Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Fujita CAI, and soon to order a obx header and SSA exhaust will it sound good or will sound like a ricer

·
Registered
191 Posts
power will be about the same with almost any setup. The only different will be sound. I know the SSA is one of if not THE loudest exhaust. I dont know much about OBX except that theyre on ebay. The fujita intake will give you the same gains as long as the metal is the same as is Injen's or AEM's. The only difference will be how the air sounds getting sucked into the throttle body. Should sound agressive.

·
Banned
243 Posts
There is a soundclip of a guy with practically the same setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPILqSeG8d0

He has an I4, SSA catback, and Fujita CAI...not sure about what kind of headers, if any.

In my opinion, it sounds like absolute crap.

If you're concerned about riceyness then perhaps your car tastes are the same as mine. Me being a big american v8 guy hates just about every exhaust clip I've found for the I4 tib, but the ARK N2 Dual exhaust with hotshot headers does not sound bad at all. Probably a little pricier than SSA and OBX but its worth it in my opinion and thats what I'm getting (AEM CAI, Ark N2 Dual, hotshot headers).

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The header is not going to help your cause with not sounding 'ricey'. It's gonna be loud.

-BRR

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am not familiar with the SSA, but I just installed OBX header, Ark single exhaust, Fujita CAI, and a magnaflow, and it sounds really good. I ran around for two days w/o the cat until the shop opened this morning... it def. sounds a lot better/more toned down with the cat.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone when i get these items in which should i install first and anyone have any clue where I can get a SSA exhaust for an i4?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
03sharky said:
thanks everyone when i get these items in which should i install first and anyone have any clue where I can get a SSA exhaust for an i4?
First? Whatever one arrives in the mail first...that's where I'd start. It won't make much of a difference in what order you install them.

Ebay has plenty of SSA catbacks for the V6s. There's tons of info on here on how to do the EASY modification to make it fit.(or at least easy for an exhaust shop)

-BRR

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im thinking of buying it from a member here will see what price they give me I shoutout an email .. last question how long does a header take to install ( with drilling hole to add second sensor ) and how long to install exhaust ?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
installing an exhaust is extremely easy. If you know how to jack a car up and use a wrench, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes...

·
Registered
898 Posts
If your gonna get a header, get a hi flow cat, otherwise its gonna sound real raspy

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
which one is good and how much do they cost?

·
Registered
898 Posts
You can find a catco cat from ebay for 50 bucks, or you could buy a magnaflow for 150, but they both do the same thing

·
Registered
191 Posts
DarkSouledSRT said:
You can find a catco cat from ebay for 50 bucks, or you could buy a magnaflow for 150, but they both do the same thing
My magnaflow was 70 on ebay, free shipping, and inc. a bung for the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Sdevante said:
My magnaflow was 70 on ebay, free shipping, and inc. a bung for the 02 sensor.
Damn thats cheap. I used to do shopping at retail stores, so you can guess why i said 150.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
981 Posts
magnaflow high flow cats on ebay r only 55 bucks, i just got mine installed yesterday, any headers u get will sound ricey i think, i have ssa headers and ssa catback and omg did it sound ricey

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmm didnt find it let me make a new search lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts