Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought my tib from a member here and one of the mods was a Pahaake CAI which I assume Pahaake was a member here (?). Anyways, I think my filter needs some cleaning and I have no clue on how to do so? Should I just replace the filter or can I just wash it out.

Sorry for the newb questions, but I'm new to the naturally aspirated scene, and I inherited this CAI.

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
939 Posts
OK, I'll take a stab at this.

No, I've never heard of the Pahaake CAI. Sounds Hawaiian? :p

But all intakes have a filter on the end, and they will need cleaning or replacing at about every other oil change (twice a year).

K&N filters are about the most respected. You can get one for just about any CAI out there. K&N sells fiter cleaning kits- it's a bottle of cleaner and a bottle of spray on oil.

You can probably get to the filter by taking out the driver's side front headlight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
pahaake was a member on these boards back in the day when the only intake out was the aem. he sold em' at good prices. anyways... just pick up a k&n cleaning kit for like $10. wash, rinse, let dry and spray with the oil and your good to go.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i think he sold his homemade intake before AEM even had one...and it was a great price too :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
screw re-oiling a filter - just get an AEM dry-flow - it's theshit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts