Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
search, ill say it now.

anyways, either doesnt matter much, diffrence are maybe 1-2 whp but if u live around streets that hold water and it rains alot then go with SRI and it will make u feel safer out. I have run my CAI for 20,000 miles both here in GA and Fla without a single problem. It doesnt rain much but when it does it rains all day heavy

·
Registered
137 Posts
why are so many people afraid of a cai...? its ridiculous, I have had both a short ram and a cai, and i would never go back to the short ram..... Much better gains from cai. Also, dont worry bout buying a high priced one, buy the cheap one off ebay for 8 dollars, then go to autozone and pick up a K&N filter.....its all about the filter, tubing doesn't matter......CAI - FTW

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
pipes do matter a little. Fitment first off matters... diameter, inside being smooth, how it was bent all comes into play

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I did a lot of searching, debating etc before I finally decided. Basically I came to the conclusion that however rare hydrolocking might be, it isn't worth the risk for minimal (if any) gains over an SRI. At least if you get a proper SRI like the Injen. Frankly I have absolutely no regrets about getting the Injen SRI and I also have none of the uneasiness that comes from having a CAI and always wondering if someday something might go wrong.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Injen SRI. 92.378954% of the gains of a CAI, with 0 hydrolock worries.

That said, I've been rocking the AEM CAI for nearly two years with no problems...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Go witht he K&N Typhoon kit and get the best of both worlds

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The quality of the CAI does matter. I bought the one from NOPI that was on sale and I put a K&N on it. The bolt to secure the second tube does not line up so the intake is rattling around in there and I am going to mod something to make it fit. I have also had the PCV tube slide off. Oh, and it gives a CEL and everything is put on perfect. Stupid CEL. I used to get a CEL with my SRI too.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ive had my CAI for 2 years now and I live in Florida and we get heavy rains and Ive had no problems ( Knocks on wood) If you avoid puddles and watch were you drive you'll be okay.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
had the injen SRI in my 05se and it kept giving me a CEL every 400 miles or so.. i then decided to install a K&N CAI and havent thrown a CEL in over 10,000 miles..
Injen must really over-oil those filters. Or do you think it was something else that caused the CEL?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.