Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a CAI from a member of the forums but he forgot to pack the Vibration mount (holds the Intake to the car). So I was going to go to lowes and buy the rubber piece but im not sure how tall it is or how tall the bolt is? So can anyone help me?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
you dont wont it bang around and mess up the intake?
ive had my intake since november, and i dont have that mount in there, and i look at it every so once in a while, it still looks like how it did the day i bought it. its not going to vibrate that much, and even with that mount, its still going to vibrate regardless. at least, thats with my injen SRI. if you really want it, it does seem that the rubber mount is about 2 inches in height and about an inch wide.

·
Banned
555 Posts
personally, i would just pick up a bolt and a rubber stopper at Lowes and try to make it work. A full CAI (not SRI) has a bit more weight to it and needs something to keep it from rubbing on the frame of the car (which creates holes from what i've heard).

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
personally, i would just pick up a bolt and a rubber stopper at Lowes and try to make it work. A full CAI (not SRI) has a bit more weight to it and needs something to keep it from rubbing on the frame of the car (which creates holes from what i've heard).
yeah, i didnt realize that he was running a cai and not an sri.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i just got back and they say they dont carry metric which is the thread the hold is.. i wish that would be much easier...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts