Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I could say I'm a tib hehe but that would be a lie. I'm stuck with an Elantra, basically the SE tib in a 5 door hatchback. There are 3 tibs at Devry (my school) but none are on here that I know of. By any chance are you well knowledged with the mechanics of your Tib?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
my bother has a 2'nd gen tib down there and i'm in calgary on and off though out the year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm still looking for somebody who has knowledge and experience and willingness to change my clutch/flywheel for an upgraded clutch and fidanza flywheel. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge to be able to change it myself, i broke 2 calipers just trying/learning to change my pads/rotors. I am noob mechanic at best and shouldn't be trusted with the mechanics of cars lol. I am willing to pay $100 plus lunch/case of beer .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is a few around but it's mostly older guys that own them and they won't come on here and post. What area of the NW are you in? Maybe I've spotted u a few times b4

·
Registered
17 Posts
2007 owner in the SE.
I also work at the Hyundai Gallery in the parts department, so if you need anything i might be able to help out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
2007 owner in the SE.
I also work at the Hyundai Gallery in the parts department, so if you need anything i might be able to help out.
Wow that's a sweet offer man, thx man. lol quite a drive for me tho, Calgary needs a NW hyundai dealership. What color is your new tib? I love the new look, did u get a spoiler? heheh if u have the SE i think i can beat you :3_winkthu

I am still looking for somebody with the knowledge and experience to help me change my clutch/flywheel, i'd really appreciate any help that anyone can offer cause if I tried to do it myself I'd definately break something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a dealership that will be going up in the NW somewhere in the next year or two. Owned by the same group as Kramer Mazda i think it is.

I got a GT Limited in carbon grey and no spoiler. Have a Injen SRI installed so far, and have to pick up my DC sports SC bar and Greddy oil catch can from CMS tomorrow. If i don't get into SAIT for January im going to be using that money for an iced sniper install over winter hehe. Either way that goes i'll be happy.

About your clutch Midnightsky. From my experience seeing the 2006 Tibs come into the dealership for warranty clutches (those are stories for another time) it can be a real ***** to replace the clutch assemblies, especially if you don't have a lift.
I can ask around for yea, but i can't really promise anything.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
There is a few around but it's mostly older guys that own them and they won't come on here and post. What area of the NW are you in? Maybe I've spotted u a few times b4
Varsity. It's 'T' badged w/ Elisa emblem

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ya far as I can tell from posts on here and the Elantra forum you have to pull the damn engine out so it's definately a PITA but well worth the money spent.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
When you say "older", how older? I'm pushing 30 next year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dunno, i figure somewhere between age 30-40 the number of adults that post on forums probably drops........that's a guess tho, i've seen many tibs in Calgary, I always see at least one at somepoint during my daily driving. I just don't see any done up Tib's around here

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey ppl, I just recently ordered my HID kit and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience installing HID kits?

·
Registered
213 Posts
HID kit has arrived and the Exhaust is due to arrive next week :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
HID kit has arrived and the Exhaust is due to arrive next week :)
Haven't done HID before but not afraid to try. I can tackle anything that has instructions though

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ya I'm studying the instructions now, got the kit all unpacked laying on my bed, trying to make sence of it all.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ya I'm studying the instructions now, got the kit all unpacked laying on my bed, trying to make sence of it all.
Where you located in Cowtown ?

1 - 20 of 695 Posts