Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals, I just bought some dupli-color caliper paint and I was wondering how long you guys waited until you drove your cars. It says 24-hours but I will need my car before then, but its a 2 mile drive. Let me know what you did, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
speedy said:
hey guys and gals, I just bought some dupli-color caliper paint and I was wondering how long you guys waited until you drove your cars. It says 24-hours but I will need my car before then, but its a 2 mile drive. Let me know what you did, thanks.
I waited the 24hrs.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
yea, they say 24 hours for a reason. wait for a day until u can wait 24 hours imo.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was too lazy to walk a block for cigarettes, so I drove. But i never went over 30. I waited 24 hours before I drove it normally

·
Registered
298 Posts
I waited till the paint was dry to the touch and not sticky so I'd say a few hours and then took a short drive home and parked it till the next day!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I painted mine, I gave them four coats of red each (dupli color ceramic high heat) and one coat of clear (dupli engine enamel ceramic). Six months later, and they still look great. I also waited the full 24 hours. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
van16 said:
I was too lazy to walk a block for cigarettes, so I drove. But i never went over 30. I waited 24 hours before I drove it normally
You naughty lazy boy :p

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks for the news guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts