Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if it's a bad idea to run reground cams with stock intake manifolds? probably P&P will help, but is stg. 4 IM just considered as a "required" part to install with cams?

wondering if anyone knows from experience... I can guess that it is required/recommended because the manifold needs to move even more air for the cams, but would the stock IM still allow the cams to be effective and worthwhile?

· Registered
1,731 Posts
i think people have done cams without the stg4 before. if u want a stage 4 let me know...

· Registered
1,731 Posts
i am, selling most all my stuff, except headers. Make sure the IM doesnt go against the rules of your class in AutoX

· Registered
1,903 Posts
Cams don't really need any other mods. But if you have a high degree cam its better to have a higher flowing head/IM, just like you don't need headers/exhaust to get an intake :D
Where do you guys get cams for these cars? I wanna know whats available.
And what are the specs of the current cams?

· Banned
3,208 Posts
Crane makes cams also for the Tib , I've got 370 lift with a 116 lobe sep

· Banned
3,208 Posts
But ya really need to run adjustable cam gears with this kind of cam to split the duration

· Read Only
5,386 Posts
But ya really need to run adjustable cam gears with this kind of cam to split the duration
No you don't. The cams I have incorporate a separation change into the regrind. No cam sprocket needed. EDIT: I see you meant duration, not separation/overlap. I still found cam gears to be more of a shiny appearance item. Mine has shown minimal results.

· Banned
3,208 Posts
Yeah<head smack>ya know.........I really need to look at what I type before I just go sendin it out there:3_usehead .But the gears were just to insure that I dont start setting missfire codes from the lopiness, and yeah are'nt they all shiney and Shyte:3_chubby:

· Banned
3,208 Posts
I beleive the grinds malogus has would be your best bet unless ya wanna do the mods I've done......I had NGM do alot of custom headwork on my motor because of the amount of nitrous and stuff that I'm running. Malogus has a car that is by N/A standards very freekin fast and very dependable everyday daily driver, where as mine I suspect is going to be somewhat of a gas hog when all is said and done, I'm not sure yet , as I'm not done putting it together yet. But , I'm gettin closer :)

· Premium Member
4,080 Posts
how does the car run after cams any dino specs so i know what cams to get. 370 with 116 sep i bet sound good but will the stock comp handle or even with a neo. will i need a custom comp
I have the same cams as Malogus and my car runs great. It's a little lopey at idle but it's actually very nice sounding. I've had no drivability issues and no CEL at all. Just alot more power.:3_yes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.