Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
1. is there any place that sells aftermarket cams for our tiburons? ( v6)
Don't believe so.
2. the crower cams... dosnt he just grind your stock ones? and after that is done what kind of difference does it make?
Just regrinds the stockers. Depends on the mods you already have I would say 20whp is doable. But I don't think I've seen a dyno sheet from anyone. The best part about them is that you feel the pull to redline. Normally the car drops dead at about 5500 rpms, but it's still making power. Peaking at 6500 or something, but with cams you feel this power, apparently. So better top end.
I want to see someone make an incredibly radical cam to see what the max power from the delta is n/a. Pross has high lift cams but...we dont get those over here.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a friend who is stationed in Korea right now. I wonder how much it'd be to ship those cams over here..

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a friend who is stationed in Korea right now. I wonder how much it'd be to ship those cams over here..
Sh!T screw shipping them, wait till he/she comes home on mid-tour leave and have him/her bring them with.:3_winkthu Hey, what about pnkrocker, isn't he getting stationed in Korea? I smell mini-sponsor.....

Reactions: M.Kyle

·
Registered
417 Posts
yea im PCSing to Korea, but its not until september next year.....but u can bet your a** im gonna get up to Seoul and try and get a set of them for mine....if you can find out where they are over there....ill heavily consider buying them for individuals when the time comes for me to go over there and bring them back on my mid-tour......only draw back is that no one would get them until around march 09......im willing to do it though...we'll keep this option open until the time comes

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
i will believe it when i see it.. there have been 3 or so members that have said they would be in korea or know someone in korea and they were going to have them sent this way... well... these cams are still only seen on korean tibs....

i think there is a member on here that has the grind specs of ngms aggressive cams that can be sent to crower. they will be VERY similar to the hi-cams and it wont cost you an arm and a leg going through ngm. I think it was shrkbyte... i dont remember tho

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
but what if i get ahold of someone over there. have send them the money. have them buy them and send them to me :D why did your thread get locked?
jeezzz trust someone a retarded amount of miles away with money... yaaa right... if some korean sent me cash to send him a ford bumper id prolly pocket it.. maybe

sure... my thread gets locked but not someone else.... i feel cheated...

anyway regrinds are the only way its gonna happen
its cuz a mod who cares hasnt seen it yet

ok im a very noob and im not sure what cams are and im wondering if u cant change if ur auto thk u
supposedly there are some problems running cams with an auto, this topic rite there is uhmm disputed by several members. id say dont bother until a definitive answer emerges.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
i will believe it when i see it.. there have been 3 or so members that have said they would be in korea or know someone in korea and they were going to have them sent this way... well... these cams are still only seen on korean tibs....

i think there is a member on here that has the grind specs of ngms aggressive cams that can be sent to crower. they will be VERY similar to the hi-cams and it wont cost you an arm and a leg going through ngm. I think it was shrkbyte... i dont remember tho
i was thinkin the same thing but like if u go to korea or are stationed there what are u to do? flag down a tiburon that sounds like its been modded and be like "excuse me, where can i get some hi lift cams?" this is assuming u have a translater, they speak english, or u speak korean.

prolly all the guys wit nice cars come out at night anways like in tokyo drift... just find the parking structure that has crazy music and smells like burnt tires

as for the agressive cams... i think the full racer long block comes with stage 2 cams, being the really agressive ones.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
i was thinkin the same thing but like if u go to korea or are stationed there what are u to do? flag down a tiburon that sounds like its been modded and be like "excuse me, where can i get some hi lift cams?" this is assuming u have a translater, they speak english, or u speak korean.

prolly all the guys wit nice cars come out at night anways like in tokyo drift... just find the parking structure that has crazy music and smells like burnt tires

as for the agressive cams... i think the full racer long block comes with stage 2 cams, being the really agressive ones.
There's only about three of us that have those cams, ones Rueben (BlueWraith) me(me ,LOL) and another guy who for all intensive purpouses basically fell off the face of this earth<head tilt> The Cams are a 370.3 lift 252 duration with 216 degree lobe separation and adjustable gears and sprockets..........and these things were great when I was N/A too:3_winkthu

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
There's only about three of us that have those cams, ones Rueben (BlueWraith) me(me ,LOL) and another guy who for all intensive purpouses basically fell off the face of this earth<head tilt> The Cams are a 370.3 lift 216 duration with adjustable gears and sprockets..........and these things were great when I was N/A too:3_winkthu
these are the american "high lift" cams? did you buy from ngm or have the done from crower?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.