Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a friend with a stock MR2 thats always talking smack about the tiburon

im running on a stock V6 ,2004, 5 speed, so before takin em to the track i want to know my odds

·
Registered
404 Posts
im ganna say its close those lil mr2s can be rockets and r lightweight just race and have fun with it either way u have a tib and he only has an mr2

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol true a tiby way more good looking than a stupid MR2

im waiting for monday

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my friend pussied out on the track,, although i ran 15.2 and im stock felt good about my tiby

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
15.2 is possible depending on the conditions , if i remember correctly there was a member that posted his 15.0 timeslip and he was stock

do you have the slip OP?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
yeah i ran 15.2 with an intake, and recently ive run 15 flat with I/H/E and a new Spec stage IV clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, but i cant get my launches to hook up, all i do is spin, and then when i do hook up I get some MAZIVe wheel hop which isnt good. would a weapon R torque dampener help with that?

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
yeah i ran 15.2 with an intake, and recently ive run 15 flat with I/H/E and a new Spec stage IV clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, but i cant get my launches to hook up, all i do is spin, and then when i do hook up I get some MAZIVe wheel hop which isnt good. would a weapon R torque dampener help with that?
Traction bars and a solid rear mount would do wonders for ya Korn :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
sweet, i got my 60' down to 2.19 and would have broken into the 14.99's but i messed up the shift into 2nd pretty bad. i ran a 15.12 that run, is 15 sec flat, with I/H/E Clutch and Flywheel, and bald tires, a decent time? idk im having fun i just wanna see how im doing

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I got a friend with a stock MR2 thats always talking smack about the tiburon

im running on a stock V6 ,2004, 5 speed, so before takin em to the track i want to know my odds
1. mod your tib
2. commence straight line raep.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol , i wwould love to have the time slips but i simply dont know where to go to get them because the track officials are all ignorants that pass their time making fun of your mistakes ,but as soon as i crossed the line i phoned my friends and got my time

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
lol , i wwould love to have the time slips but i simply dont know where to go to get them because the track officials are all ignorants that pass their time making fun of your mistakes ,but as soon as i crossed the line i phoned my friends and got my time
if youre paying that money to run the track, you should be able to get a slip

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was actually between an MR2 and a Tibby, but Tibby won :) Tiburon was the better choice anyways for taking stuff to school, not that bad of gas mileage, and its fun to drive. MR2 is kind of small, but unique

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
race that b*tch on the streets!!!!!! Teach him a lesson! Your manliness is only a function of your car's clout and dominance.

·
Registered
947 Posts
thought they give you a time slip after ur run anyway??

at least in englishtown they give you a slip, cuz everyone has to exit at one dor =_=

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
ha ha you need to drive fast ha ha and then ha ha get a lot of traction ha ha and go to the track ha ha and drive it so fast ha ha that you are in front ha ha ha and then you would be a speed racer ha ha and win the race ha ha and then the monkey would jump out of the trunk ha ha along with your bother ha ha and you would win the prizze!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts