Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to my new Hotshot headers.I should be able to remove the stock headers and put the Hotshots in their place right.I am going to run the stock cat back until I can buy a real cat back.I am buying the Hotshots with the cat.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes you should be able to if you have an aftermarket cat. You may beable to have some one weld the flanges on to the stock cat but it would be better just to get a aftermarket one. I ran my headers with a striaght pipe til I got my catback system.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The stoc cat is more restrictive than an aftermarket such as-Magaflo, Catco etc. You would be creating a bottleneck putting in the stocker.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I need to clear this up.Thank you guys here is what I am talking about.I am going to add a hotshot header to my Tib.It comes with a catalytic converter on it from the factory.I do not have a aftermarket cat back,all I have is my stock setup.So that is my question if all I do is replace the stock header and leave the stock mufflers on will they connect to each other?Or do I have to wait to install the headers when I buy a aftermarket cat back?Thank you Croc.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still in the process of ordering.I am having a problem with their automatic payment.I do not like ordering from places where you can not talk to a live person.Here I am having a problem and I'm ready to buy but can't talk to anybody to get this sorted out. :3_offtopi www.shop.hotshot.com

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lostdestiny14 said:
Stock catback will hook up to the headers, you'll be fine and other people have already taken this route
awesome,I am real excited.I hope I notice a gain in HP and torque.Croc.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Rickna said:
I would hope that after 2 months thet have their act together.
Nope, this is still ongoing and we are waiting on Flyrydes latest response. He was going to get ahold of them. I emailed Hotshots last week and have heard nothing yet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
By the way if you DO order through hotshot's website it does a "test charge" for the amount of the headders but it NEVER clears. After that test charge comes back good they send you an invoive you do not actually pay for the headders until they ship out. I've also ordered through HS and am more then willing to wait and see what happens as it truly is HotShot or buy a new car time.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Hotshot annoounced that they stopped using vendors. Vendors trying to purchase headers at their vendor rates is no longer available. I don't know what they are doing about vendors that have already payed for items, but I don't think flyryde payed for his order yet, so that's one less vendor to refund. This was to stop ebay and other companies from selling overseas knock-off's and badging them as hotshots. They would even tell their customers to contact hotshot for product problems.

On topic, yes the headers will bolt directly in and work with the stock cat-back.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
c-man said:
Hotshot annoounced that they stopped using vendors. Vendors trying to purchase headers at their vendor rates is no longer available. I don't know what they are doing about vendors that have already payed for items, but I don't think flyryde payed for his order yet, so that's one less vendor to refund. This was to stop ebay and other companies from selling overseas knock-off's and badging them as hotshots. They would even tell their customers to contact hotshot for product problems.

On topic, yes the headers will bolt directly in and work with the stock cat-back.
Thank you.I will bolt them on.Croc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts