Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to this forum, I have a great great fabulous, 2006 Tiburon GT. I don’t know much about speakers but is it possible to be able to fit a pioneer TS – 900 M6 x 9 speakers in my car? They are about the same size as the ones that are in the back, but I was getting rattling on the left side and I think my speaker might be blown. There isn’t any Quetion around the speaker, but I went ahead and bought the pioneer not knowing certain speakers only match with certain cars, But I’m afraid I might have to take the speakers back. Does anyone here have any tips or any ideas on how I can get this bad boy in here so I can really enjoy my music? Thank you so much, and this is the best group I have ever been a part of.

· Administrator
9,633 Posts
I use Crutchfield a lot for car stereo info. They have recommended stuff for a specific brand/model/year. Prices are fair as well along with support.
You can make almost anything fit, what skills do you have, how do you want it to look?

· Registered
3,257 Posts
So have you tried fitting them or not yet? 6x9s will definitely fit in the back (I have these: Pioneer TS-G690 G-Series 6"x9" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield ), but not sure if all models will, some could require adapters. There's quite a bit of room in the back though, I don't think it's as restrictive as the front as far as depth etc. Take the rear panels off and see if they work,

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So have you tried fitting them or not yet? 6x9s will definitely fit in the back (I have these: Pioneer TS-G690 G-Series 6"x9" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield ), but not sure if all models will, some could require adapters. There's quite a bit of room in the back though, I don't think it's as restrictive as the front as far as depth etc. Take the rear panels off and see if they work,
Yeah I appreciate your optimism, that’s what I like to hear. I don’t have much skills when it comes to audio/car stereo, expertise in, but I do have common skills, and I love to learn and stay busy, I just want to be able to listen to my music with very good bass, crisp music, without having to worry about my 6 x 9 sounding like crap. When I opened the side panel, after taking the original speaker off, I noticed the pioneers did not have the adapter plug-in like the Tiburon does, just the wiring was setting on the opposite side of the driver side speaker. I can’t be a klutz when it comes to things like this, sometimes I give up too early, but also I looked it up after buying the speakers, that Hyundai was not compatible with them so I backed off and came here. Also the blowing on speaker, I think the only thing that is wrong with it is it the foam is all gone, got any advice? Do you think that might have plugged in the passenger side speaker into the driver side?
I use Crutchfield a lot for car stereo info. They have recommended stuff for a specific brand/model/year. Prices are fair as well along with support.
You can make almost anything fit, what skills do you have, how do you want it to look?
yeah, I kind a checked it out, but I didn’t see the speakers that I bought on there. But they do have some really great speakers, I’m thinking about taking the pioneers back and going ahead and paying extra money for some really good ones do you think they would walk somebody through? I may be modifying the pioneers fit into my Tiburon? I guess I won’t know till I asked. Thank you.

· Administrator
9,633 Posts
Crutchfield and similar companies will only recommend what is a bolt in item. If it needs an adapter (mounting or electrical) they will have it.
So.......you could order almost anything and make it fit/wire it up on your own, or buy what is listed for your application and year/make/model car.
If you have a 6x9 in there, another should fit, but mounting holes may not match and the plug may be different.

· Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah some (most?) will require wiring adapters. I got my whole set from Crutchfield and the fronts needed wiring adapters and size/screw hole adapters, the rears just needed wiring adapters.

If the wiring is on the wrong side just turn it around or use the other speaker you have if it's opposite. It won't make a difference if it ends up "upside down".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts